Richard Spacey to Quantum

If he was on the Adventure back in 06 when we sailed on her, I have no recollection of him. Richard definitely stood out. There was also a female Cruise Director who was british I think and she was really good as well. I wish I could recall her name.

I think you are referring to Clodagh [Clo, as in Hello Clo] O'Connor who is Irish as the name may suggest. She was a fill in CD for a single cruise [which happened to be ours] on Jewel in fall 2010. She is one of maybe 2 or 3 CD's whose names I remember. I thought she was very good especially for a cruise she didn't know she was going to be on until a day or two before.

If he was on the Adventure back in 06 when we sailed on her, I have no recollection of him. Richard definitely stood out. There was also a female Cruise Director who was british I think and she was really good as well. I wish I could recall her name.

I think you are referring to "Hello Clo" who was the CD on our recent Adventure cruise to Iceland and Norway on May 31.

According to his Facebook page, Jimmy Rhodes will be full time CD on Quantum after Richard Spacey performs "take out" CD duties. He doesn't say what the timing will be.

Ooh, ooh, did I read that right. Someone is going to "take out" Richard Spacey? That would up my chances of not having to deal with his self-serving drivel. Not to mention his dislike for children and the people he has to work with.

Ooh, ooh, did I read that right. Someone is going to "take out" Richard Spacey? That would up my chances of not having to deal with his self-serving drivel. Not to mention his dislike for children and the people he has to work with.[/quote]

That sounds a lot more like Ken Rush than Richard Spacey!

Guest maddycat
Richard Spacey is the best cruise director on the entire RC fleet.

I disagree. I cruised with him as the cruise director twice on the Explorer. I thought that he was good but predictable. I thought that his replacement, Leigh Xuereb, was much more entertaining. His material was fresher.

I disagree. I cruised with him as the cruise director twice on the Explorer. I thought that he was good but predictable. I thought that his replacement, Leigh Xuereb, was much more entertaining. His material was fresher.

Leigh is my favorite CD of all time.

Ooh, ooh, did I read that right. Someone is going to "take out" Richard Spacey? That would up my chances of not having to deal with his self-serving drivel. Not to mention his dislike for children and the people he has to work with.[/quote]

That sounds a lot more like Ken Rush than Richard Spacey!

My thoughts exactly. I've never sailed with Richard Spacey but everything I hear always sounds good.

For those of you looking forward to Richard Spacey on Freedom, he won't be there, he's in Miami working on the Quantum project, and is being assisted in the transition by Ken Rush. He posted this on his FB page earlier.

Spacey is the greatest. My motto is that I will never cruise unless he is on board.

For those of you looking forward to Richard Spacey on Freedom, he won't be there, he's in Miami working on the Quantum project, and is being assisted in the transition by Ken Rush. He posted this on his FB page earlier.

Yes he is in Miami, but he returns to FOS for the September 8th sailing, I have a friend currently working on FOS who confirmed this for me today, as members of our Roll Call wanted to know.

I can see maybe he is going to be the CD for Quantum, but since Quantum isn't sailing until the END of 2014, I would think that he would still be the CD for early 2014 sailings on FOS. I know that he stated just a few weeks back that he wasn't going to be leaving FOS any time soon.

She was petite, straight shoulder length dirty blond hair. Truly awesome I thought.

Might you be thinking of Becky Thompson? -- dirty blonde, shoulder length hair, British accent.

She always greeted everyone with "Hello, Love!"

She was CD on Voyager class ships back in 2006 time.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Yes he is in Miami, but he returns to FOS for the September 8th sailing, I have a friend currently working on FOS who confirmed this for me today, as members of our Roll Call wanted to know.

Glad to hear this too 😃. I am on the Sept. 15th sailing

Archived