Richard Spacey to Quantum

There's a lot of threads about cruise directors, for a first time cruiser (8th sept) what's all the hype about??

To some people, the cruise director is an integral part of the cruise experience. To others, no big deal. It's a personal thing.

Might you be thinking of Becky Thompson? -- dirty blonde, shoulder length hair, British accent.

She always greeted everyone with "Hello, Love!"

She was CD on Voyager class ships back in 2006 time.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Yes. That's her! Do you know if she is still working for RC? She was truly awesome and my family and I would love to have her as a CD again!

Yes. That's her! Do you know if she is still working for RC? She was truly awesome and my family and I would love to have her as a CD again!

Colorado,

I believe Becky went on to get married, worked at RC Headquarters for a while (pregnancy?), did some work for Celebrity, & has done work as an Entertainment Consultant in Illinois for the past few years.

Maybe others who haven't had such a gap in cruising (as I have!) can add better details or correct any info I have presented.

We are agreement w/ Becky being an awesome CD!!

Jimmy Rhodes on Quantum? Surprises me. Had him as CD once - he was OK but no where in the same league as Spacey or Rush

Surprises me to see how so many people care who the CD is.Rhodes and Spacey were about the same to me.I think they both did a good job.Just my opinion,sure you may not agree.Have a great next cruise. :)

Colorado,

I believe Becky went on to get married, worked at RC Headquarters for a while (pregnancy?), did some work for Celebrity, & has done work as an Entertainment Consultant in Illinois for the past few years.

Maybe others who haven't had such a gap in cruising (as I have!) can add better details or correct any info I have presented.

Loved Becky! She was on one of our cruises as assistant CD.

When I called RC they told me Richard is off the Freedom for a short time, but will be back on for our Jan. 19 western sailing. I sure hope she was right. I have heard so much about him and how much fun he makes the trip.:)

Sounds like he goes on vacay in Dec. and that sound about right.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39789295#post39789295

There is a lot of scattered info and mis-information, and speculation, here. Why don't you all check the CD thread for the most current and most accurate info. I updated it this morning. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1859416&page=21

Richard is returning to Freedom on Sept 8 until the end of December. He expects to return to Freedom two months later, with Mike Hunnerup covering January and February. He also expects to remain as regular CD of Freedom until it's time to move over to Quantum

Graham himself posted his schedule on the CD thread. He is remaining as regular CD of Rhapsody for 3 years, and will be on break December and January.

Richard and Ken expect to be on Quantum from the launch until sometime in January.

Colorado,

Google is your friend..lol

Becky is now an Entertainment Consultant in Indianapolis.

Who remembers her greeting, "Hello Luv"?

Archived