2 voicemails, en email and a 2 text messages...

...In the last half hour. The voicemails come from a junk number, all 1's. The texts from 893-61.

All five items giving the same nonsense warning to not show up at the port before 12:30 because of government budget reductions.

Really RCI? Five messages?

...In the last half hour. The voicemails come from a junk number, all 1's. The texts from 893-61.

All five items giving the same nonsense warning to not show up at the port before 12:30 because of government budget reductions.

Really RCI? Five messages?

Sounds like something got fouled up in their system, that's not the norm.

• 2 years later...

I'm up to an email, 3 texts and 3 voice mails about the same thing. This time it's don't come before 1 due to Coast Guard regulations. Last cruise in May, go the same flurry of crap to not come early because of some other bogus reason. Next cruise, they get blocked. This should be used for legitimate critical information, not trying to get people to come later to the port. The cruise is a week out; everyone has already made their transportation arrangements.

The messages don't come directly from Royal Caribbean. They contract with a company called Everbridge for mass critical notifications. I've never received those messages unless there was going to be a boarding delay. Some were Coast Guard inspections and some where deep cleansing after a Noro outbreak.

Edit: Usually they are accompanied with a link to acknowledge receipt and stop further messages.

Edited by Big_G

I have received a text from 893 and email from Royal Caribbean advising a change in arrival time to the port and it was/is a legitimate email and text. They asked for a response advising receipt. All on my sailing received the notice as well as local hotels who transport to the port. You should call RCI and verify. Things can change

The messages don't come directly from Royal Caribbean. They contract with a company called Everbridge for mass critical notifications.

We use Everbridge at my job and they're legit.

Generally speaking, if you get a (legit) message from RCL, and you acknowledge it, that will usually stop the repeats. One of the options when sending alerts through Everbridge is re-sending if no acknowledgment was received, to make sure the recipient gets the message.

EDIT: Yikes! I just noticed the OP posted this two years ago! I hope he's still not getting those messages!

Edited by Tunkhannock

We use Everbridge at my job and they're legit.

Generally speaking, if you get a (legit) message from RCL, and you acknowledge it, that will usually stop the repeats. One of the options when sending alerts through Everbridge is re-sending if no acknowledgment was received, to make sure the recipient gets the message.

EDIT: Yikes! I just noticed the OP posted this two years ago! I hope he's still not getting those messages!

Oh well, sometimes I don't check the date. We use Everbridge's Nixle system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk