Is anyone booking Freedom of the Seas yet?

I am hearing a lot about this ship and would like to consider it for a family trip next June--the month of its inaugural sailing (I think). Who can fill me in a little bit about the ship, inaugural cruise, new things to look for, etc.

Mom C

Crown and Anchor members were given an opportunity last winter to book this ship before general booking opened for everyone else. While we were onboard the Mariner of the Seas in May we booked our October 15, 2006 cruise on her and there was already limited availability on some dates and in some room categories. You can get a full refund up until the date when final payments are due, so if you think you would like to sail on this ship, I wouldn't delay. I suspect that sailings during the ship's first few weeks of operation may already be close to selling out

We booked on Freedom of the Seas for November 12-19, 2006. Cruises prices drop significantly between Sept. and Nov. (Hurricane Season) so we cruise mid-November at the end of the season but before the Thanksgiving rush. Whenever you go it should be a grand time! Enjoy!

Carnival Conquest - November, 2002

Mariner of the Seas - November, 2004

we are looking at either 8/6 or 8/13. depends on the start dates for the kids at school. i'm a little concerned about the 4,111 other passengers. does anyone think it will feel crowded? it's only 1/7th bigger than the next smaller class, but holds about 18% more people.

For sure I am booked and ready to experience Freedom....June 4 inaugural sailing and then again Oct. 15 Crown & Anchor member cruise....:)

Emmy:)

We booked our Dec 10, 2006 when it opened up for the Crown and Anchor members only. Didn't want to miss out on this new ship. We loved the other big ships and can't wait to sail on this one.

I wouldn't wait if you really want to sail on FOS esp during the month of June - I bet they are sold out however, but give RCCL a call and check with them over the phone - you will get the most current status of the room availability.

Good Luck and Happy cruising to everyone.

I'll book Freedom when the prices come down. Such a ho-hum itinerary.

I doubt that there are very many people booking this ship because of its itinerary. :) It's all about the ship. By the time the prices come down, Freedom will probably be considered an "old" ship - of course on these boards, any ship that is more than a couple of years old is sometimes described as "small" or "old" LOL

I'll book Freedom when the prices come down. Such a ho-hum itinerary.

I agree about the itinerary............

We couldnt wait for the Freedom to come out,but after looking over the itinerary,we really have no desire to go..............maybe that will change with the Ultra Voyager #2 or 3...........hopefully, the ports will be more appealing.....

(Hiya Bill!):)

We are a family of 14 cruising the Freedom on Sept 10, 2005. We tired to book the Presidential Family Suite for the week but, to our surprise it was already booked. I guess everyone is booking early being a new ship. We are all looking forward to the fun H2O zone and being together.

Guest Crazeecat5

My DH and I booked the July 23, 2006 cruise when it opened up for C&A members. Looking forward to this new and exciting ship.

Sheryl

it was decided for us today that we will be on the 8/13 sailing. the wife said that is the day, so i booked it.

should be a terrific week.

We are sailing on that week as well.

I'd love to book a cruise on this ship but, neither the wife or I like the itenerary and we book for the ports, not the ship. One more reason why I try to stay away from huricane season when booking a cruise.

If they bring a second Freedom class ship online with another itenerary, or if they begin altering Freedom's itenerary with an E. Carib. cruise, then I'll be more inclined to book it. Until then I'll stick with the rest of the fleet and itenerary's we fell we'll enjoy more.

We are a family of 14 cruising the Freedom on Sept 10, 2005. We tired to book the Presidential Family Suite for the week but, to our surprise it was already booked. I guess everyone is booking early being a new ship. We are all looking forward to the fun H2O zone and being together.

I am part of that family of 14. This will be my first cruise as well as my son

and boyfriend. We are extremely excited about going. Don't know how

I will manage until then. :D

event.png

Archived