Is anyone booking Freedom of the Seas yet?

We are considering booking the Freedom of the Seas for our honeymoon next June!

I wouldn't recommend hesitating if you want to have any choice of rooms (or for that matter, any availability at all). Freedom begins sailing next June, assuming no delays in the construction schedule, and everything I have read indicates its early sailings are filling up fast. We aren't sailing her until October, 2006 and there is limited availability in certain room categories.

for all you exerienced cruisers.

we have booked the freedom for 13th august for honeymoon cruise , there is a group of us going and my father is bitting the bullet and finally agreeing to travel the 9 hours on the plane to get to america which he has never done before , so understandably we are all very excited.

but...after watching the events of te last few days and the devastation theat hurrican denis has left we are all getting a bit aprehensive.

have we booked bang smack in the middleof hurrican season???

i understand that ebvery year is different , but does anyone have any experience of cruising this time of the year , august in particular???

all help will be greatfully appreciated.

We have booked Freedom of the Seas Owner's Suite #1340 and Grand Suite #1598 on 9/24/06.

We are also booked on Freedom of the Seas Owner's Suite 1340 for April 15, 2007. After your cruise come back and tell us all about it. Take lots of pictures.

Happy Sailings! :)

I am booked on Freedom Oct 15 sailing and I have booked a Promenade cabin for less than I paid for Navigator same type cabin in 2003...not sure what prices look like in March 2007 but for fall 2006 they are quite competetive....

Emmy

We have booked it for our 25th Anniversary. The anniversary is in August, but we decided to go in September when prices are alittle cheaper. So we are leaving on my husbands 50th birthday. We booked 3 balconies. Both of

my kids are going too, and our son is paying for ours!!

for all you exerienced cruisers.

we have booked the freedom for 13th august for honeymoon cruise , there is a group of us going and my father is bitting the bullet and finally agreeing to travel the 9 hours on the plane to get to america which he has never done before , so understandably we are all very excited.

but...after watching the events of te last few days and the devastation theat hurrican denis has left we are all getting a bit aprehensive.

have we booked bang smack in the middleof hurrican season???

i understand that ebvery year is different , but does anyone have any experience of cruising this time of the year , august in particular???

all help will be greatfully appreciated.

The last two years have been bad, but you can never tell. Also, you are safer in a ship, compared to an island vacation, because the itinerary can change--you didn't hear about cruises being cancelled last week, did you? :)

• 4 weeks later...

I always take plenty of pictures (usually about 300-400 digital.) Do you want any of the ship when we come back or would you not spoil it and view if for your self. I you want I can send you pictures. If not, I will make a post and just let you know some of the "minor" details. and tease you a little.

We are considering booking the Freedom of the Seas for our honeymoon next June!

It may be time to stop "considering" and time to check and see if it is still possible to book. Bookings have been open for many months now. June is the first month that the ship will sail and reports are that many sailings are nearly, if not completely, sold out already. If you wait too much longer you may be forced to decide between taking a postponed honeymoon on Freedom and sailing on another ship. :)

I always take plenty of pictures (usually about 300-400 digital.) Do you want any of the ship when we come back or would you not spoil it and view if for your self. I you want I can send you pictures. If not, I will make a post and just let you know some of the "minor" details. and tease you a little.

egh170 when did you book your cruise? If you are going before

September 10, 2006 then definately post your pictures. I will be surprised

regardless if I see pictures or not. This is my first cruise, so its all new to

me.

Thanks !

Oh, I want to see the whole ship including "our cabin" the Owner's Suite and lots of details. I love when I'm able to see the ship before I sail her. Go crazy and take lots of pictures and share them with us. Thanks :)

We might book the Freedom for some date in the FAR future (Possibly my graduation from Grad school in 2008). I HOPE that they have 2008 dates when we're on the Mariner this November (I know, fat chance.) Is there ANY way to book even a time frame that far in advance to get the credit? With grad school and everything else, we just can't afford to sail before then...

I just got off the phone and booked the last available Royal Family Suite for the Sept. 17, 2006 cruise. I can't wait! The funny thing is, I had to find a 5th person to go before they would even let me book the cabin. When I originally called them, they said the policy was it had to be a minimum of 5 people for that cabin class. I said, how about if I just pay the upcharge for the 5th person even though there wouldn't be one. They said no-I think this is a very silly policy, and I told her that. In the end, I found a 5th person, so all is well. Another odd thing is that their online booking system doesn't allow 5 people at all, so it is impossible to even book the cabin unless you call them on the phone. Anyway, I can't wait to go-I am SOOO excited to sail on the largest cruise ship afloat!

I agree about the itinerary............

We couldnt wait for the Freedom to come out,but after looking over the itinerary,we really have no desire to go..............maybe that will change with the Ultra Voyager #2 or 3...........hopefully, the ports will be more appealing.....

(Hiya Bill!):)

A little late for a follow up but we were real excited about the Freedom until we saw the itinerary. I called RCL with a question about another cruise and took the time to complain about Freedom's lacklustre itinerary and was told that many are complaining about it. Personally the Freedom looks great but ports of call are every bit as important as the ship to us.

We had a nightmare experience tendering in Grand Cayman on Summit in March, waited > 1Hr in line both ways, we made a makeshift canopy with towels to help keep the kids from overheating and an old man next to us looked like he was going to fall out. I can only imagine how bad it could get tendering 4k pax off of Freedom if there are other ships in port :eek: I could care less if I ever step foot on Grand Cayman again.

we were lucky enough to get on the June 4th cruise! the maiden voyage! we are so excited. Waiting until june seemed too long so we booked a 5 night cruise for feb 4th on the splendor...just to get a small dose of cruising. Should be interesting though, always done the larger ships...

We are booked on the Sept 10th sailing as well.

it will be our 25th anniversary.

I am so excited.

We are booked in a balcony cabin.

I am so excited.

While we are not new to cruisng the itenary looks really fun to me.

I've never been to Jamica.

I am hearing a lot about this ship and would like to consider it for a family trip next June--the month of its inaugural sailing (I think). Who can fill me in a little bit about the ship, inaugural cruise, new things to look for, etc.

Mom C

Booked for June 18, 2006! Love to have CO people!

Archived