Hey, Sharon...101 Ocean in Lauderdale By the Sea...

Florissouri

I'm not Sharon :D but I've eaten there one night when the wait at Aruba's was too long. It was good but not great, but I would definitely go back with a half price coupon. Their happy hour is very popular and if going for dinner only, I'd give the place a half hour or so to 'clear out' -- service definitely improved after the happy hour participants left :p.

I'm not Sharon :D but I've eaten there one night when the wait at Aruba's was too long. It was good but not great, but I would definitely go back with a half price coupon. Their happy hour is very popular and if going for dinner only, I'd give the place a half hour or so to 'clear out' -- service definitely improved after the happy hour participants left :p.

Thanks!

They always have buy one get one free lunch coupons in free local coupon books so I go there for lunch sometimes. It's mediocre and overpriced but with the coupon it's ok. I went there recently and there were only about 6 people eating there and the kitchen still got my order wrong and had to redo it.

They always have buy one get one free lunch coupons in free local coupon books so I go there for lunch sometimes. It's mediocre and overpriced but with the coupon it's ok. I went there recently and there were only about 6 people eating there and the kitchen still got my order wrong and had to redo it.

I was skeptical when they described themselves as "50 yards from the beach" which is a bit of a stretch.

I was skeptical when they described themselves as "50 yards from the beach" which is a bit of a stretch.

Actually that might be accurate...the only thing between 101 and the beach is El Mar Dr, Village Grill, and Aruba.:)

Right now, the city is going through a beautification project so you have to park west of A1A but you can still walk on the sidewalks.

Actually that might be accurate...the only thing between 101 and the beach is El Mar Dr, Village Grill, and Aruba.:)

Right now, the city is going through a beautification project so you have to park west of A1A but you can still walk on the sidewalks.

Just crossing El Mar Drive alone is 20 yards. Then you have the VI, a parking lot and Aruba. It's easily over 100 yards, which is pretty insignificant, but it just irks me when they misrepresent themselves even by such a short distance.

Archived