Staying at the port

cherbear4000

I have been to Cozumel quite a few times already and will be there again on my Liberty cruise next week. I have always had a tour or excursion booked so I have seen quite a bit of Cozumel and the mainland.

We will be docked at Puerta Maya. We were thinking of just hanging out at the port this time. How is the shopping and restaurants/bars at the port? Is there enough to see/do or will we be bored?

I have been to Cozumel quite a few times already and will be there again on my Liberty cruise next week. I have always had a tour or excursion booked so I have seen quite a bit of Cozumel and the mainland.

We will be docked at Puerta Maya. We were thinking of just hanging out at the port this time. How is the shopping and restaurants/bars at the port? Is there enough to see/do or will we be bored?

WE have also been to Cozumel numerous times. When we want a few hours off the ship, without an excursion, we head to El Cid, right next door to International Pier, and take their "cheap" day pass which gives you $10 back towards food and drink. I think they are now charging $17pp which includes use of pool and facilities including wifi.

Yes prices are slightly more at the pier or a hotel but you don't have to factor in any taxi fares or travel time so we feel it is worth it.

WE have also been to Cozumel numerous times. When we want a few hours off the ship, without an excursion, we head to El Cid, right next door to International Pier, and take their "cheap" day pass which gives you $10 back towards food and drink. I think they are now charging $17pp which includes use of pool and facilities including wifi.

Yes prices are slightly more at the pier or a hotel but you don't have to factor in any taxi fares or travel time so we feel it is worth it.

We saw this hotel from the ship (I guess they also have some paid WIFI service for people on the ship). However it is right at the pier...I would prefer a place away from the pier, ship, crowd area and with a real beach...and no timeshare presentations (our friends spent 45 minutes to get rid of the salespeople)

We saw this hotel from the ship (I guess they also have some paid WIFI service for people on the ship). However it is right at the pier...I would prefer a place away from the pier, ship, crowd area and with a real beach...and no timeshare presentations (our friends spent 45 minutes to get rid of the salespeople)

Yes that is correct, it is right by the pier because the OP was asking about staying at or near the port and Puerta Maya is right next door to International Pier.

We have never been bothered there by timeshare people at El Cid atlthough they do have some timeshares I believe. I know people have had more trouble with timeshare people at Park Royal which is next door to El Cid, and therefore also right opposite to the ships at International Pier. Park Royal has nicer facilities (several Pools) but they only operate AI day pass system and so are more expensive for a few hours use.

There are plenty of hotel resorts, beach bars with beaches and no timeshare presentations in Cozumel away from the piers

Archived