Princess Cruises?

CallDOC

I have done three Princess cruises in the last 3 years, and booked another. All have had lgbt meets scheduled in the Patters (about every other day). Most were unhosted. Largest attendance is usually the first one. Many of us would just informally meet when we saw each other.

(On the last cruise, the assistant CD (and Zumba instructor) was family (in fact it was his last cruise as he was returning to Seattle to marry his beau :) (

Always have had a great time on Princess cruises. Usually the crowd is older and there are usually couples on Princess. However, have met many great people on every cruise I have gone on.

Even for a single you will have a great time.

I am a single cruiser.

Always treated wonderfully on Princess, its comfy cruising with no drama.

Crew is always friendly, and it seems they really enjoy "family" on board.

I am sailing the Royal on Nov 3rd....and after booking found that Chumley's Bear cruises is also onboard...supposedly 500 strong. So gay friendly is obvious.

Booked another Princess cruise for Feb 2014, a partial canal cruise on the Coral.

Next is a Jan 2015 Indonesia cruise......Bali here I come.

So Princess works for me and keeps me booking.

We have always felt very welcome on Princess ships. On our Australia cruise we had a large group (previously unknown to each other) that met each night whether or not there was a patter announced event and often had meals together. The CD even brought us bottles of champagne and hors devours a few times during that cruise. We've made some very good friends on cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Doc,

We've been on 3 Princess ships (not the Emerald) and all had different gatherings.

The first had a host at the very first meeting and was attended by about 5 couples, then we met up as and when.

The second was hosted throughout - he was family - and it kept the group together. Unfortunately, it didn't start well because for some reason they held the Singles and GLBT together in the same place (!) There were a few misunderstandings to begin with but the groups were held separately on the following days.

The third wasn't hosted and had the lowest attendance. We still met a nice couple and had fun.

Have a great cruise

AnR

Donatello; My sailing is Nov 29, 2013... 10 days.

Roy & Adrian; Thanks for info... hmmmm so singles were mixed into the GLBT get together??? Hmmmm maybe Mr Right WILL be onboard! hehehe

Anyways, it looks like I am the only one booked on this one as no one has posted on the G&L Roll Call. The 'regular' roll call has like 78! :eek:

Anyway... for me..I need the getaway! So it WILL be perfect!

DOC :cool:

We've sailed Princess 4 times - 3 times LA to HI (Golden and Diamond) and once to Alaska (Sapphire). We've always had a great time. We've joined the Cruise Critic roll calls each time and met some great people. Our Alaska trip last August was a cruise tour and everything went perfectly - we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would do it again.

While my hubby and I love Princess, on the basis of something like three months aboard Princess cruises I'd have to say that if you're dependent on LGBT company to keep you happy, it's maybe not the place to be. And if you're looking for an unattached gay man to keep company with...well, good luck!

Archived