Leaving the ship in Singapore

dab1952

Everybody wil have disembarked by approx. 10.00 local.

We booked a room for the day as our flight also left during the night.

Changi is one of my favourite airports. It is very easy to spend a couple of hours there, but beware that tax free is not cheap by any means:p

We have similar flight timings when we disembark Millie in Hong Kong. I've booked a hotel room so we have somewhere to leave the carry on bags, then relax/shower after sightseeing all day. I HATE being a refugee for the day, so it's worth the cost of a room

What are the suggestions for leaving luggage for the day if your flight departs in the evening from Changi? We are on the same cruise and I'd like to make the most of our day in Singapore before our 8:30 PM flight.

You might want to check with your airline whether they will allow an early check in - some airlines at Changi have a counter open most of the day for this purpose. I did it with Emirates, for example.

This does mean a double trip to the airport, but it's not too far away and taxis are quite cheap or you can take the MTR for peanuts (takes about 30 minutes to the centre).

We left Millie in March at Singapore. We had a wonderful day and were not flying until after midnight.

We went on the roll call for our cruise, met another couple who were going directly to the airport and arranged to share a pre-booked taxi. (essential on final day of the cruise as taxis are scarce and the terminal is miles from anywhere)

We left our suitcases and carry on cases in the secure left luggage department for a small fee.

We then used the Singapore metro to get back into town (the best metro we have used in the world) We got off at Clarks Quay (great for dinner later) got onto a hop on hop off bus and even managed a couple of hours in the wonderful botanical gardens.

After dinner, back on the metro and 25 minutes back to the airport.

Singapore is wonderful.

Does anyone know what time you get "kicked off" the Milli on the last day of the cruise (8thDec this year) Our flight time to the UK is 1.40 in the morning.

I think the last day on Millie is Dec. 7th. At least it is according to my documents and the Celebrity web site. Sure hope I haven't made a mistake!

I think the last day on Millie is Dec. 7th. At least it is according to my documents and the Celebrity web site. Sure hope I haven't made a mistake!

You are correct, we dock on 12/6 and disembark the morning of 12/7.

You can actually check in for same day flights with SQ at the cruise terminal for an additional fee.

Other airlines may also do this.

Excellent! We are flying SQ back to SYD that evening(12/7), so I will confirm that arrangement with them.

Archived