Aug 31 Zuiderdam - Alaska

startwin

[quote name='CowPrincess']Here's advice from someone who has only experienced the Neptune Suites a couple of times. The [B][I]INSTANT[/I][/B] you get on board, start plotting how you will get the concierge home with you. Maybe you'll have more success than we did :eek: :D

There is nothing quite as lovely as the smiling concierge, first thing in the morning saying "Good morning, Mrs....." OMG did I miss that when we got off the ship! (and the coffee.....)[/quote]

It amazed me how they instantly logged and remembered everyone's name! They make a point of greeting you every time you go into the Neptune Lounge. (Even those in their bathrobes with uncombed hair and unwashed faces first thing in the morning:rolleyes:)

[quote name='startwin']It amazed me how they instantly logged and remembered everyone's name! They make a point of greeting you every time you go into the Neptune Lounge. (Even those in their bathrobes with uncombed hair and unwashed faces first thing in the morning:rolleyes:)[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's how they looked when they got on the ship:D. Why waste time getting dressed when you can be in your jammies. One of my colleagues came to work in hers the other day:rolleyes: why not on a ship too.

[quote name='startwin']It amazed me how they instantly logged and remembered everyone's name! They make a point of greeting you every time you go into the Neptune Lounge. (Even those in their bathrobes with uncombed hair and unwashed faces first thing in the morning:rolleyes:)[/quote]

I believe that the concierges study the passengers photos and memorise the names on their computer.

[quote name='erewhon']I believe that the concierges study the passengers photos and memorise the names on their computer.[/QUOTE]

We were greeted by name on both of our previous cruises and have never stayed in a suite. It's one of the things we love about HAL :D

One more thing I forgot to mention.....

At dinner on the last night in the MDR, there was a man wearing a hat all through dinner (a cowboy-hat). No one seemed to bat an eye, and usually I don't care what anyone else wears, but that head with the hat on was pretty dominant so you couldn't fail to see it. I guess the dress code doesn't refer to hats at all, just no shorts;) but it didn't really fit with "smart casual".

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Someone else saw them also;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1277078_10200567529260402_1689654315_o.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Captain Albert also had this huge pod of dolphins following in his ship's wake a day or so later, he mentioned it in his blog.

[quote name='startwin']Captain Albert also had this huge pod of dolphins following in his ship's wake a day or so later, he mentioned it in his blog.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]I saw that, thanks!:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived