Bahamas Water Temps at Thanksgiving

abitaturbodog

We're trying to decide whether to book a Bahamas or Western Caribbean cruise for the week of Thanksgiving. Last time we were in the Bahamas, it was December and the water was very cool and uncomfortable to snorkel. What are your experiences with the water temps in the Bahamas at Thanksgiving?

Is it worth it to spend the extra $$ to do Western Caribbean and guarantee warm water, or take a chance on Bahamas and put the cash toward my bar bill?

We're trying to decide whether to book a Bahamas or Western Caribbean cruise for the week of Thanksgiving. Last time we were in the Bahamas, it was December and the water was very cool and uncomfortable to snorkel. What are your experiences with the water temps in the Bahamas at Thanksgiving?

Is it worth it to spend the extra $$ to do Western Caribbean and guarantee warm water, or take a chance on Bahamas and put the cash toward my bar bill?

It can vary, Water depth and how many cold fronts have came down from the north. But a very realistic range would be 75-80 degrees. I think this is chilly.

it will be much warmer farther south.

Bahamas weather can and will vary November through March. It can be darn cold in fact although not the norm. I'd go Western anyway

Bahamas weather can and will vary November through March. It can be darn cold in fact although not the norm. I'd go Western anyway

How true! Honestly, it does get quite chilly in the Bahamas at times.

The Western would be our choice.

LuLu

~~~~

We usually always cruise between November and December, and we have never had a problem with it being chilly. During our trips to the Bahamas, it's usually been in the upper 80's, sometimes warmer.

Although, I do agree, the Western itinerary is much better than the Bahamas.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've been Western and Eastern and would have to disagree about Western being better. There is not another beach anywhere I've been as beautiful as Half Moon Cay. I love both routes, but if you get a chance to go there, you should! As for temps, I was in the Bahamas in November once and we swam, but it was chilly, but so was Cozumel in January.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Bahamas avg water temps

Jan 72-75 f degrees

Feb 72-75

Mar 73-77

Apr 75-79

May 77-80

JUN 79-81

Jul 83-87

Sep 83-87

Oct 79-82

Nov 77-80

Dec 75-78

I don't think the mid-atlantic beaches barely made the 72 degree temp this year, so it depends on what you are used to.

Archived