Open Passage Certificate Details Please Bill

Lady Slipper

Hi Bill,

I think everyone would appreciate updated detailed information on purchasing an Open Passage certificate rather than waiting until we are on our cruise. We tried to get this information while onboard on our first Azamara cruise but it was not clear so we ended up not purchasing one.

Thank you

Tresa

Hi Bill,

I think everyone would appreciate updated detailed information on purchasing an Open Passage certificate rather than waiting until we are on our cruise. We tried to get this information while onboard on our first Azamara cruise but it was not clear so we ended up not purchasing one.

Thank you

Tresa

Hello again Bill,

After re-reading my post I thought it may have sounded a bit curt. I meant it as a friendly and helpful request :D

Cheers

Tresa

Hi Bill,

As Celebrity has recently updated their Passages program, it would be helpful if you can advise us if Azamara's program will remain the same.

Thanks very much !

Hello Tresa -

There was no need to send your second message! I thought it was friendly and helpful. I'll be sharing with you the current Azamara Open Passage program; however, for the sake of good order I will take Andy's advice to reconfirm that the program has not changed. In the meantime, I have not been advised on any changes from our marketing department.

Azamara Open Passages:

When you're on Azamara you'll be able to purchase either an Azamara "Open Passage" Savings (Ship, sail date or stateroom category is not required at time of initial deposit) or an Azamara "Reserved Passage" Savings (Ship, sail date or stateroom category required at time of initial deposit) which offer a $200 to $600 savings per stateroom depending on category (Suite, Veranda, or Oceanview) and voyage length:

§ Voyages of 8 nights or less, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $200 (Club Oceanview); $300 (Club Veranda); or $400 (Club Suite).

§ Voyages of 9 or more nights, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $300 (Club Oceanview); $400 (Club Veranda); or $600 (Club Suite).

If you were to have purchased an Azamara "Open Passage" while you were on board Azamara, you would not be able to transfer your Azamara booking to Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. All "open" bookings (Azamara Open Passages, Celebrity Open Passages, or Royal Caribbean Decide Later bookings) cannot be converted to another brand. So once an open booking for a particular brand, always a booking for that particular brand.

On the other hand, if you had purchased a "confirmed" booking (Azamara Reserved Passages, Celebrity Reserved Passages, or Royal Caribbean Decide Now bookings) it could be changed to a sailing on another brand; however, the onboard booking benefit would also change to be that of the new brand. So if the booking starts as a Royal Caribbean 7 night sailing which offers $100 OBC as the onboard booking benefit then changes to an Azamara Club Cruises 10 night sailing in a Club Suite, the onboard booking benefit will change from the OBC to the $600 per stateroom savings. Nevertheless, depending on when a booking changes, cancellation charges may be applied and some restrictions may apply in certain markets.

In short, it's only the open bookings that cannot change brands at any point within the life of the booking. But by the same token, keep in mind that the Azamara and Celebrity Open Passages never expire.

Also, while you're onboard Azamara, Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, you'll be able to book any one of the three brands. You'll need to contact the onboard sales consultant to do so since only the brand of the ship on which you're traveling is promoted.

I will come back to you with a reconfirmation of the program or with a program update.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Tresa -

There was no need to send your second message! I thought it was friendly and helpful. I'll be sharing with you the current Azamara Open Passage program; however, for the sake of good order I will take Andy's advice to reconfirm that the program has not changed. In the meantime, I have not been advised on any changes from our marketing department.

Azamara Open Passages:

When you're on Azamara you'll be able to purchase either an Azamara "Open Passage" Savings (Ship, sail date or stateroom category is not required at time of initial deposit) or an Azamara "Reserved Passage" Savings (Ship, sail date or stateroom category required at time of initial deposit) which offer a $200 to $600 savings per stateroom depending on category (Suite, Veranda, or Oceanview) and voyage length:

§ Voyages of 8 nights or less, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $200 (Club Oceanview); $300 (Club Veranda); or $400 (Club Suite).

§ Voyages of 9 or more nights, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $300 (Club Oceanview); $400 (Club Veranda); or $600 (Club Suite).

If you were to have purchased an Azamara "Open Passage" while you were on board Azamara, you would not be able to transfer your Azamara booking to Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. All "open" bookings (Azamara Open Passages, Celebrity Open Passages, or Royal Caribbean Decide Later bookings) cannot be converted to another brand. So once an open booking for a particular brand, always a booking for that particular brand.

On the other hand, if you had purchased a "confirmed" booking (Azamara Reserved Passages, Celebrity Reserved Passages, or Royal Caribbean Decide Now bookings) it could be changed to a sailing on another brand; however, the onboard booking benefit would also change to be that of the new brand. So if the booking starts as a Royal Caribbean 7 night sailing which offers $100 OBC as the onboard booking benefit then changes to an Azamara Club Cruises 10 night sailing in a Club Suite, the onboard booking benefit will change from the OBC to the $600 per stateroom savings. Nevertheless, depending on when a booking changes, cancellation charges may be applied and some restrictions may apply in certain markets.

In short, it's only the open bookings that cannot change brands at any point within the life of the booking. But by the same token, keep in mind that the Azamara and Celebrity Open Passages never expire.

Also, while you're onboard Azamara, Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, you'll be able to book any one of the three brands. You'll need to contact the onboard sales consultant to do so since only the brand of the ship on which you're traveling is promoted.

I will come back to you with a reconfirmation of the program or with a program update.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you Bill for such a quick response. There are a couple of questions I have.

There is no mention of the cost of these Open Passage certificates.

Also for the "savings per stateroom" there are no Inside Cabins listed, does this mean you would not be able to use them if you were to book an Inside Cabin?

Tresa

Hello Tresa -

Thank you for your questions. They served as the catalyst for a review of the details of Azamara's Open Passages program. As a result, here are the modifications to my earlier program review:

Although Celebrity did change their program, ACC and RCCL remain the same and no changes have been made to these programs at this time.

Azamara Open Passages:

§ Club Interior Staterooms are included in the Open Passages program.

§ Two "Open Passage" categories:

1. Azamara "Open Passage" Savings - Ship, sail date or stateroom category is not required at time of initial deposit.

2. Azamara "Reserved Passage" Savings - Ship, sail date or stateroom category required at time of initial deposit.

Savings per stateroom depend on category and voyage length:

§ Voyages of 8 nights or less, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $200 (Club Interior and Club Oceanview); $300 (Club Veranda); or $400 (Club Suite).

§ Voyages of 9 or more nights, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $300 (Club Interior and Club Oceanview); $400 (Club Veranda); or $600 (Club Suite).

§ Both "Open" and "Reserved Passage" programs include two Azamara Passages Certificates for friends or family.

Deposit at time of onboard booking depends on Category:

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit is 50% of the standard deposit for Club Interior, Club Oceanview, and Club Veranda: US$ 550 per person - reduced to US$ 275 per person for onboard bookings.

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit for Club Continent Suite is 50% of the standard deposit of US$ 1,100 per person - reduced to US$ 550 per person for onboard bookings.

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit is NOT reduced for Club Ocean and Club World Owner's Suites - Deposit is US$ 1,100 per person.

Flexibility to Switch Brands:

If you were to have purchased an Azamara "Open" or "Reserved" Passage while you were on board Azamara, you would not be able to transfer your Azamara booking to Celebrity or Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for the opportunity to fine-tune the information about the program. We look forward to welcoming you onboard again!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Tresa -

Thank you for your questions. They served as the catalyst for a review of the details of Azamara's Open Passages program. As a result, here are the modifications to my earlier program review:

Although Celebrity did change their program, ACC and RCCL remain the same and no changes have been made to these programs at this time.

Azamara Open Passages:

§ Club Interior Staterooms are included in the Open Passages program.

§ Two "Open Passage" categories:

1. Azamara "Open Passage" Savings - Ship, sail date or stateroom category is not required at time of initial deposit.

2. Azamara "Reserved Passage" Savings - Ship, sail date or stateroom category required at time of initial deposit.

Savings per stateroom depend on category and voyage length:

§ Voyages of 8 nights or less, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $200 (Club Interior and Club Oceanview); $300 (Club Veranda); or $400 (Club Suite).

§ Voyages of 9 or more nights, you will receive a per stateroom savings based on category: $300 (Club Interior and Club Oceanview); $400 (Club Veranda); or $600 (Club Suite).

§ Both "Open" and "Reserved Passage" programs include two Azamara Passages Certificates for friends or family.

Deposit at time of onboard booking depends on Category:

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit is 50% of the standard deposit for Club Interior, Club Oceanview, and Club Veranda: US$ 550 per person - reduced to US$ 275 per person for onboard bookings.

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit for Club Continent Suite is 50% of the standard deposit of US$ 1,100 per person - reduced to US$ 550 per person for onboard bookings.

§ The Onboard Booking Deposit is NOT reduced for Club Ocean and Club World Owner's Suites - Deposit is US$ 1,100 per person.

Flexibility to Switch Brands:

If you were to have purchased an Azamara "Open" or "Reserved" Passage while you were on board Azamara, you would not be able to transfer your Azamara booking to Celebrity or Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for the opportunity to fine-tune the information about the program. We look forward to welcoming you onboard again!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you Bill for the updated information, I`m afraid I still have some questions for you.

What is the cost for the "Open Passage" certificate? I assume we only need to buy one as the savings are one per cabin?

Does the money you pay for this come off the price of your next cruise as well as the applicable saving mentioned above?

If I read this correctly it says we can also purchase a Celebrity Open Passage certificate while onboard Azamara? (to use for a future booking only with Celebrity of course)

Cheers

Tresa

Thank you Bill for the updated information, I`m afraid I still have some questions for you.

What is the cost for the "Open Passage" certificate? I assume we only need to buy one as the savings are one per cabin?

Does the money you pay for this come off the price of your next cruise as well as the applicable saving mentioned above?

If I read this correctly it says we can also purchase a Celebrity Open Passage certificate while onboard Azamara? (to use for a future booking only with Celebrity of course)

Cheers

Tresa

Hello Tresa -

I won't consider my job complete until I've answered your questions:

Q: "What is the cost for the "Open Passage" certificate? I assume we only need to buy one as the savings are one per cabin?"

A: The Open Passage cost is the required 50% deposit- @ $275 pp or $550 per stateroom for non-suites. If a couple deposits only $275, then only one (1) name will appear on the booking and when the second guest is added he/she will not qualify for reduced deposit.

Q: Does the money you pay for this come off the price of your next cruise as well as the applicable saving mentioned above?

A: The Onboard Savings amount reduces the voyage fare and the Onboard Booking Deposit goes to the tariff payment.

Q: Can we also purchase a Celebrity Open Passage certificate while onboard Azamara? (to use for a future booking only with Celebrity of course)

A: Yes, after contacting the onboard sales consultant.

I hope this information is helpful. If not, please let me know!

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Tresa -

I won't consider my job complete until I've answered your questions:

Q: "What is the cost for the "Open Passage" certificate? I assume we only need to buy one as the savings are one per cabin?"

A: The Open Passage cost is the required 50% deposit- @ $275 pp or $550 per stateroom for non-suites. If a couple deposits only $275, then only one (1) name will appear on the booking and when the second guest is added he/she will not qualify for reduced deposit.

Q: Does the money you pay for this come off the price of your next cruise as well as the applicable saving mentioned above?

A: The Onboard Savings amount reduces the voyage fare and the Onboard Booking Deposit goes to the tariff payment.

Q: Can we also purchase a Celebrity Open Passage certificate while onboard Azamara? (to use for a future booking only with Celebrity of course)

A: Yes, after contacting the onboard sales consultant.

I hope this information is helpful. If not, please let me know!

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Well Bill I do believe your job is complete. Thank you.

Now I wonder....Will the Journey have enough nice rich Dark Chocolate desserts to satisfy my sweet tooth? LOL :p

Cheers

Tresa

Bill,

Even though this thread is for Azamara, you mentioned that Celebrity made changes to its Open Passage Program.

Could you please give us the details?

Thanks for your help.

Dick and Rita

Celebrity and Azamara are really two different entities but I was just reading this on the X board so here you go. It should give you all the updated information that you need. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1903077

Hi Bill, I read your very detailed explanation of purchasing a cruise on board. If I read it correctly we will be able to book a 14 day Azamara Cruise in a Club Continent Suite and:

1) receive a reduction of $600 for the stateroom

2) pay a reduced deposit of $550 per person.

Thanks for clarifying. We are looking forward to booking our 1st Azamara cruise to Europe.

Mary Lou

I purchased an Open Passage Certificate while on Quest in May and used it to book my next Quest cruise in a few weeks. I am fairly sure it only cost me £75 and I think there was some OBC too but I can't remember how much. I think we got a good deal.

It seems to me like the deal is now more expensive? Or am I misreading it?

I'm pretty tired......been working all weekend so I might have misread it, but if not then it's maybe not as good as deal as I got in May. That's a shame because I was planning to buy an Azamara and a Celebrity Open Passage on Quest in a few weeks.

Bill,

Even though this thread is for Azamara, you mentioned that Celebrity made changes to its Open Passage Program.

Could you please give us the details?

Thanks for your help.

Dick and Rita

Hello Dick & Rita -

I think the information link that "dln929" shared with you should provide you with the details. I'm not up to date on Celebrity's Open Passage Program and suggest that you contact them for the official details or visit the Celebrity Cruise Critic forum. Andy also hosts that forum.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill, I read your very detailed explanation of purchasing a cruise on board. If I read it correctly we will be able to book a 14 day Azamara Cruise in a Club Continent Suite and:

1) receive a reduction of $600 for the stateroom

2) pay a reduced deposit of $550 per person.

Thanks for clarifying. We are looking forward to booking our 1st Azamara cruise to Europe.

Mary Lou

Hello Mary Lou -

Well done! Both the stateroom/suite savings ($600 for 9 nights or longer) and the Club Continent Suite 50% deposit of $550 person are correct.

We will look forward to welcoming you onboard your first Azamara Club Cruises vacation and the many more which we hope will follow!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I purchased an Open Passage Certificate while on Quest in May and used it to book my next Quest cruise in a few weeks. I am fairly sure it only cost me £75 and I think there was some OBC too but I can't remember how much. I think we got a good deal.

I'm pretty tired......been working all weekend so I might have misread it, but if not then it's maybe not as good as deal as I got in May. That's a shame because I was planning to buy an Azamara and a Celebrity Open Passage on Quest in a few weeks.

Hello Lottie A -

The program terms and conditions that I recently posted on this thread have been in place since 2010 so the 'deal' that you obtained in May for your forthcoming Quest vacation should still be the same and available.

Frankly, I'm confused by your comment about OBC. The Azamara Onboard Booking program does not include an onboard credit component. However, Celebrity offers onboard credits based on cruise length ranging from $50 to $300 per stateroom. Perhaps that is the source for your misunderstanding. Once onboard, you can check with the onboard sales consultant.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to your individual booking record. You may wish to contact UK customer service to verify the details of the onboard booking savings that you purchased in May for your upcoming Quest vacation.

We're looking forward to welcoming you onboard again and thank you for your loyalty.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I have to agree with you here Lottie A. We would not be booking on board. So putting that much money up front when we cruise maybe once a year or so doesn`t seem like a good deal for us.

I can only speak for the UK, but to buy an Azamara Open Passage certificate, you only pay a reduced deposit of 75GBP/Euros for anyone booking through the UK office. This is regardless of category of stateroom. You only pay the full deposit amount when you confirm the ship and sail date.

75 pounds to obtain the cruise fare saving is a better deal then you get on any of the other brands imo. :D

Archived