Ft Lauderdale Hotels

Ginnyjen

I don't think it really matters when you bid....the inventory given to Priceline changes all the time. My thought is to pick a price you're comfortable bidding and start lower going up to that until you "win" a room. Say you want a room at $100 in February. If that is your max, whether you spend it today or in January, you still get what you want for $100.

Always have a back up, cancelable room, on reserve. If you get a great PL deal, then cancel. If you don't beat that price bidding then you still have a place to stay.

Some other poster stated that he/she waits till prices go down then they start bidding. I wasn't sure if that what was meant or it got lost in the translation. So it seems like bidding anytime would be just fine.

Thank you CC family :)

taneous@hotmail.com

I've bid for hotels three times, in Ft. Lauderdale, and have been very lucky. Once at the Renniasance, once at the Crown Plaza and twice at the Embassy Suites. I pad a little over $100 total, and would stay in anyone of them again. One was in April and the other two were in October.

I could never get into Priceline bidding. I never like the uncertainty of not know what you're going to end up with.

I'd just rather pay the price and go with a sure thing.

Can I ask you how far before your cruise date , you start bidding ? And do you buy trip protection ?

I have a cruise in feb and I'm trying to gauge when I should start bidding.

Thank you in advance MR NW GUY :)

I have completed bids as far as 12-months in advance and as little as 1-day prior.

The best deal I ever obtained was Hilton, Long Beach, CA for $24.00. It was a nice room too! No, I did not opt for insurance. You do have to pay upfront, but I am willing to take the risk.

I could never get into Priceline bidding. I never like the uncertainty of not know what you're going to end up with.

I'd just rather pay the price and go with a sure thing.

Totally agree - it is vacation time - want to go and enjoy - not looking to do it the cheapest way necessarily.

So sorry to ask this, but I'm looking for a Ft. Lauderdale hotel and I don't know how to search on this board. Thanks for any help.

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania, Florida (FL #664). It is not fancy but does serve breakfast and has free hotel shuttle service from the airport. They contract out for shuttle service to the pier but it is very cheap - like $10 per person.The shuttle service can also carry you back from the ship to the airport and runs about the same. You can prepay for a 'round trip' at the time of pick-up prior to sailing. BTW, Comfort Inns (parent company) is running a special for 30% off rooms if you prepay. Go to the website and check for the details. Friends and I have stayed there for the past 3 years, the night before sailing and it has been fine. A little out of the way but it is 5 to 10 minutes from the pier for Holland and Princess.....

Totally agree - it is vacation time - want to go and enjoy - not looking to do it the cheapest way necessarily.

But some people don't care if they stay in a Weston, a Marriott, or a Hyatt, as long as it is something in that level of hotel in a certain area. For others, it does matter which chain. Priceline is a great way to get the best price on whatever type of hotel fits your needs for that particular trip. It absolutely does not mean you are going to be in a bad motel for pennies.

I would say if it is a special occasion, I really am fussy about where I stay, and I want a first-class hotel/resort that is going to hopefully be very enjoyable with a certain amount of luxury. If it is just a stopover on a road trip, not so much, although I have my preferences in chains due to cleanliness, nice amenities and convenient/accessible dining. The age of the property has become somewhat important in some cases because sometimes places are not updated and within acceptable standards (for me). Then again, I have stayed in older classic hotels/properties that were just lovely. I really am wary of the "roadside motel" type of place, unless it is from a higher quality chain and it is fairly new. Been burned on a few of those.......! I try to research my hotels/motels/resorts as well as I can before booking, and if I find the one I want, and it is at an acceptable price level, I just go ahead and pay. I don't use the discount websites......that probably has cost me some extra money, but if I am happy in the end, it is a fair price for me.

But some people don't care if they stay in a Weston, a Marriott, or a Hyatt, as long as it is something in that level of hotel in a certain area. For others, it does matter which chain. Priceline is a great way to get the best price on whatever type of hotel fits your needs for that particular trip. It absolutely does not mean you are going to be in a bad motel for pennies.

The truth of the matter I don't the bother of doing the priceline thing, so if you enjoy fine, I just don't find it entertaining.

Absolutely price line does NOT mean motel 6

Thank you CC family :)

taneous@hotmail.com

I'm with you. We know the hotel we really like, which is the Embassy Suites, so we just have our TA book it, tick it off the to do list and forget it. There is most often a price reduction before we leave and we are able to have that applied.

All this bidding stuff is too much to wrap my brain around and way too much work.

The planning and watching for deals and steels is part of the fun for me.... (to each thier own). So, bidding is a part of the travel experience. And, I love new experiences as long as the accomidations are **** (4-star) or better. I don't like to watch the same movie twice. I like to mix up my cruises and try most of the main stream cruise lines, so trying new hotels has been a hoot!

The planning and watching for deals and steels is part of the fun for me.... (to each thier own). So, bidding is a part of the travel experience. And, I love new experiences as long as the accomidations are **** (4-star) or better. I don't like to watch the same movie twice. I like to mix up my cruises and try most of the main stream cruise lines, so trying new hotels has been a hoot!

Once we have found a hotel we are completely satisfied with, we make it our home away from home.

Getting to know many of staff members that strive to treat like a guest should be treated is party of the incentive.

Once we have found a hotel we are completely satisfied with, we make it our home away from home.

Getting to know many of staff members that strive to treat like a guest should be treated is party of the incentive.

Great and good for you... Thanks for sharing.

And, do you have a hotel recommendation to share Since that is the topic of this thread.

And, do you have a hotel recommendation to share Since that is the topic of this thread.

Why is it alright for you to share your preferred method, but not alright for others to do the same without incurring sarcasm? It's nice that you are happy with your steal but others just like their familiar comfortable place to stay. I will steel myself for your reply.

why are you asking for hotel recommendations when you don't use them since you like the deals.

If we find a spot we like - your dam right we will use it again. We want to enjoy our precruise or post cruise stay:D We've sailed every main stream cruise line but Carnival and stayed in many hotels. So, we like to make our choices based on what we like - which is what we should all do

Everyone has their own preference - that's why life is great - we are all different.

Oh yes, and I do like to watch certain movies again. Especially at Christmas:p

why are you asking for hotel recommendations when you don't use them since you like the deals.

If we find a spot we like - your dam right we will use it again. We want to enjoy our precruise or post cruise stay:D We've sailed every main stream cruise line but Carnival and stayed in many hotels. So, we like to make our choices based on what we like - which is what we should all do

Everyone has their own preference - that's why life is great - we are all different.

Oh yes, and I do like to watch certain movies again. Especially at Christmas:p

I am not asking for recomendations. The OP is...

Take a second look please.... :eek:

I am not asking for recomendations. The OP is...

Take a second look please.... :eek:

Yes, a second look would be really good at your own posts. You gave no recommendations. I did long ago.

I like how affordable this one. Anyone else tried it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I stayed there based on my TA's recommendation. The nicest thing I can say is it was clean. Needless to say, I won't rely on his recommendation again. I'd rather pay a little more and stay somewhere a little nicer and closer to amenities.

You just never know. I have gotten rooms during busy times. You don't get to change your mind, so you really have to go into it with a sense of adventure.

I knew I wanted Hyatt Pier 66 which people get often on Priceline, but with bidding I knew I could get any of a number of properties. The rate from Hyatt for my February date was in the $300+/- range if I remember correctly. I used Priceline's "pre-negotiated deals, Express Deals" and could tell from the description that it was the Hyatt. They had rooms for $189, or you could choose Tower for $210, which is what I did. I figure I could have bid and gotten a 4* for somewhere in the $100 range.

I have never had any trouble getting the type of room I wanted directly from the hotel, but with PL you are guaranteed a room for 2 adults. I won't bid in NYC if I am taking kids because there there is a good chance of that being 1 double bed. In FLL, you likely can have your pice of a King or 2 Doubles for most things you win.

What if i bid and win the bid but wanted to cancel reservation for some reason ..How does that work ? are these biddable deals cancelable ?

Archived