Best route from airport to Lahaina

ride4806

Hoping you folks can give us some ideas of what routes to take from the airport to the Lahaina area, we are actually staying at the Sheraton in Maui. We hope to stop at Iao Valley State Park along the way and pick up lunch either before the park or after that on our way to the hotel. DH is not interested in taking the northern route as it appears to be very windy and challenging but any other help you could give us with this would be much appreciated!!

-

Susan-M gave you great directions & good advice to not drive the northern route. I've done it several times & the very narrow one-way road around Kahakuloa is bad for most people.

If you'd want to eat lunch as you leave the airport & want to enjoy some ono-licious local grindz you could go to "Da Kitchen" in the Triangle Square shopping center. They have things like teriyaki beef or chicken and kalua pork.

Further down the road at the Kaahumanu Shopping Center they have an upstairs food court with a variety of food options. I can't think of anyplace to recommend in Wailuku or on the way to Kaanapali. There are lots of good places to eat in Lahaina & Kaanapali but not sure what type of food you prefer.

Thanks for that nice comment skrebeir:)

I see a lot of recommendations for this restaurant (we've only golfed here, not eaten there ... the restaurant was busy and looked nice).

It's on the route that you're taking - if you want to go before Iao Valley take this route. - or after Iao Valley, this route.

There are some good restaurants in Paia too, which would be about a 10 minute drive from OGG (we enjoyed Flatbread Pizza there). For a special treat, Mama's Fish House (also in Paia) is a favourite of many but very expensive (we haven't tried it yet). Here's the route if you decide to go to Paia first.

DaKitchen (Astro Flyer's recommendation) gets lots of recommendations on the Tripadvisor forums.

Enjoy!

Susan-M gave you great directions & good advice to not drive the northern route. I've done it several times & the very narrow one-way road around Kahakuloa is bad for most people.

If you'd want to eat lunch as you leave the airport & want to enjoy some ono-licious local grindz you could go to "Da Kitchen" in the Triangle Square shopping center. They have things like teriyaki beef or chicken and kalua pork.

Further down the road at the Kaahumanu Shopping Center they have an upstairs food court with a variety of food options. I can't think of anyplace to recommend in Wailuku or on the way to Kaanapali. There are lots of good places to eat in Lahaina & Kaanapali but not sure what type of food you prefer.

Don't forget to stop at the Maui Mall for some Guri Guri ice cream. Only place in the "world" to get this stuff.

http://www.yelp.com/map/tasaka-guri-guri-shop-kahului

Archived