Recommendations for a Pre-Cruise Hotel in Miami

Feelin' Nauti'

Only a few of the budget places near the airport will offer both "free" MIA airport and POM shuttles. La Quinta East is one -- it gets mixed reviews but seems to be good enough for lots of cruisers. Comfort Suites Airport North offers free shuttles from the airport and then to the cruise port the next morning. Across the street is a gas station-mart if you need to pick-up soda, water, etc. There are 3-4 dining options nearby. The hotel is not in the most scenic area as it is on the edge of the airport.

If you can arrange your own transportation (taxis are cheap -- under $30 for the cab from MIA area hotels to POM ;)) you will have many more hotels to choose from.

Check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes. Have a good cruise! :)

Another option to check is the Downtown Springhill Suites. The hotel offers a complimentry aiport shuttle and hot breakfast. They do have a shuttle to the port but not sure if it's free or a small fee, if not combined with the park & cruise pkg. It may be worth a call to find out. If not, the hotel is only 3 mi from the port so a taxi would not be that expensive. In addition, they are near Bayside and offer a complimentry guest shuttle to the surrounding area.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/local-things-to-do/miahd-springhill-suites-miami-airport-east-medical-center/

Good luck,

Cari

:)

Anyone stay at Holiday Inn Airport Hotel?

• free shuttle service, we make it easy to travel to the Port of Miami, Miami International Airport, local destinations and simulator training facilities.

Never stayed at Days Inn, wonder how they are?

• Free Transportation to and from hotel to Miami Airport - 24 Hours a Day
  • Free Transportation to Port of Miami

We've stayed at the Homewood Suites Miami Airport West on NW 74th Street. It's a really nice, suite-type hotel and offers free airport shuttle and free full hot breakfast. The have a shuttle to the port that is inexpensive. I think it was $8 per person. I'd definitely stay there again.

Free shuttle is tough with Miami. It's sometimes just as cheap to pay taxi/shuttle and get a very nice hotel downtown with a view of the port. Taxi's are fairly inexpensive and with Miami I'd rather be in a nice hotel and safe area over saving $10 or $20 to get a free shuttle which is about the price difference I find.

I've stayed at the Marriott Airport which was nice. Free airport shuttle and $10pp shuttle to the port the next morning. Great Cuban restaurant next door and a Walgreen's/Kmart about a 15 minute walk away.

Watch out for the "budget" hotels north of the airport. The area isn't the greatest and some are really run down (check pictures on tripadvisor before you book! )

I usually opt for downtown and can get comparable rates to the airport. I just love having a view of my ship the next morning when I get up. I've stayed at the Intercontinental, Doubletree, and Marriott and like them all. The Intercontinental can often be found on the lastminutetravel site for less than $100 depending on season. The doubletree and Marriott are both on the north end of town, several restaurants in the complex (Tony Chan's is great for Chinese) and a Publix less than 2 blocks away for supplies. Off season these an also sometimes be booked for about the same price as the airport hotels.

Thanks Tralynn

I checked out Homewood Suites, looks like a nice place to stay.

vacruizer

Intercontinental looks impressive, but kinda steep for my pocketbook. :o

Same goes for the Hilton Doubletree.

Personally, I can't see spending over $250 for one night, just to use a bed. :cool:

But then again, I don't want a roach motel neither.

Something in-between. ;)

Thanks Tralynn

I checked out Homewood Suites' date=' looks like a nice place to stay.

vacruizer

Personally, I can't see spending over $250 for one night, just to use a bed. :cool:

Something in-between. ;)[/quote']

Oooh, same here. I can usually get the Marriott Biscayne for $100-$125 a night. Exception has been January cruises. Last year we ended up splitting a 2 bedroom condo with friends at the Doubletree which worked out cheaper than anything else. But the weekend we sailed had the Miami marathon and even the airport hotels were close to $200 a night that weekend.

Thanks Tralynn

I checked out Homewood Suites' date=' looks like a nice place to stay.

vacruizer

Something in-between. ;)[/quote']

You are welcome! I usually get a good rate for it through lastminutetravel dot com.

Archived