Blu Restaurant

chriswat

On our cruise, we tip everyone who has serviced us in the MDR, BLU and Specialty restaurants. When we go to a bar, there is a gratuity already on the bill. We usually tip more. We tip the bathroom attendants frequently when the bathroom is clean. We tip the person who clears our plate at the buffet. We tip our stateroom attendent, butler. We tip the restaurant director if we feel service was good. We tip the MD in each restaurant we dine is if the food and service is deserving. There have been too many times we we had auto tip where the service was not up to par or we were not using the venue that was being tipped. For example, we do not eat in MDR every night so why should we auto tip people in MDR when we are not even there? For those insinuating that we "stiff", I hardly think this is an accurate statement. If you would like to nicely explain why you feel this way, please do.

I would think that some deserving workers would miss out, if you tip this way. Like the workers at the burger stand, ice cream stand, Asian stand etc. etc. they all share in auto tip.

It would be awkward o be handing out all these individual tips IMO. Individually.

Just make it easy for yourself....do the auto tips!

I would think that some deserving workers would miss out, if you tip this way. Like the workers at the burger stand, ice cream stand, Asian stand etc. etc. they all share in auto tip.

It would be awkward o be handing out all these individual tips IMO. Individually.

Just make it easy for yourself....do the auto tips!

If you believe this person's explanation then I have a bridge to sell you.

If I recall correctly, the breakdown of gratuities does not include the guy who flips hamburgers. Let me see if I can get a hold of it. I recall it clearly itemizing waiter, asst waiter, etc in MDR and then our assigned room attendants. I could be wrong but I remember looking at a sheet that showed who exactly rec'd the auto tip. Dishwasher, burger guy, etc. were not on the list.

"For example, we do not eat in MDR every night so why should we auto tip people in MDR when we are not even there? "

Well... because it's not a restaurant, it's a dining room. Assuming you're talking about traditional dining, you have a seat saved for you. If you choose not to use it, that's your business. But your waiters are there. Your seats are empty. Is that their fault? No. In a restaurant they'd be able to make up the difference because someone else would sit there... and tip them.

I don't think it's fair to NOT tip because you decided to eat somewhere else.

"For example, we do not eat in MDR every night so why should we auto tip people in MDR when we are not even there? "

Well... because it's not a restaurant, it's a dining room. Assuming you're talking about traditional dining, you have a seat saved for you. If you choose not to use it, that's your business. But your waiters are there. Your seats are empty. Is that their fault? No. In a restaurant they'd be able to make up the difference because someone else would sit there... and tip them.

Well, I do.

I should not have to tip everyone in MDR if I eat in BLU or specialty restaurant and tip there as well.

Well, I do.

I should not have to tip everyone in MDR if I eat in BLU or specialty restaurant and tip there as well.

Those same people are serving you for breakfast and lunch whether in the mdr or buffet.

DONOriginally Posted by jenniebnyc viewpost.gif

__________________________________________________ ____________

Well, I do.

"Those same people are serving you for breakfast and lunch whether in the mdr or buffet."

We get room service for breakfast or eat in BLU. In either instance, we tip.

Archived