Blu Restaurant

chriswat

We are travelling on the Summit from NYC on the 21st September in a Sky Suite - we note from the Celebrity site that only Aqua Class guests can dine in Blu......I seem to recall seeing in one of the forums that Suite guests can dine there also and am wondering if that is the case ?

Passengers booked in a suite can dine in Blu on a space available basis for dinner. Space is generally available at breakfast, so Blu is an option for passengers in suites. Blu is not open for lunch.

Many thanks for that - we will probably try for breakfast - much appreciate your reply

We were in a Sky Suite last week and ate in Blu every night but one, which we ate in "Q". We usually went about 6:30 to dinner, and it was never crowded. Had a great time there and they only charged for 3 of the nights!

Apparently this happened last week.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The company policy is no charge; there likely are still some individual workers who are not aware the policy changed (even though it was quite some time ago).

We never made reservations, but we were charged $5. p/p per day for the first three days we ate there, but not on the last three days. It was wonderful! Well worth the $30. we paid for the first three days. We went between 6:00 & 7:00, and it was never close to full.

We just got off the Summit. There was a dinner charge that I interpreted as gratuity of $5 p/p. We had all of our breakfasts there and only one dinner at the insistence of the Maitre d'. Breakfast was great and there was always a table. Blu was crowded at 8 PM and I suspect they may try and limit suite guests in the future. Too many complaints from AQ passengers having to wait. It is only fair that they have priority over suite guests.

On the 8/4 sailing of the Summit we were told by the maitre d' that the policy for suite guests is that they were requested to make reservations and there was a charge of $5 per person.

That is a very dated policy - it is no longer the case. The maitre d' was mistaken.

That is a very dated policy - it is no longer the case. The maitre d' was mistaken.

The maitre d' in question was Mazy. It is my understanding that he goes from ship to ship assisting with the operation of Blu dining venues. In fact he is leaving the Summit and heading for Reflection. Perhaps the policy has changed but I find it hard to believe that Mazy was mistaken.

You won't be charged, no worries. They'll ask for your stateroom number to confirm you are in the suite. A few years ago we were charged, but just one night. After that, even before the "no cost to suite guests" we weren't charged.

We've sailed in the sky suites a number of times and we always eat in Blu. Never been a problem, not even once, and I estimate we've eaten as suite guests in Blu close to 60 nights. The first night we let them get settled in and go to Tuscan Grill or some other specialty restaurant. It's our tradition I guess. Blu is great, like an upscale main dining room with better food, better service, more personal touch and attention. The difference between large banquet dinner food and atmosphere and nice restaurant food and atmosphere.

The short ribs are wonderful. Their filet mignon is great as is their lobster tail.

Have a great cruise!!

every night a few aqua class guests dine in the MDR...and every night a few suite guests dine in Blu. That's reasonable and generally it's pretty fair. Now there is a suite guest every so often that eats all or most of their meals in Blu....and that's where I think the $5 pp charge is appropriate.

Archived