Volendam Laundry

maz1838

The self service laundries will be open when you embark on the ship.

I have noticed some people will give their cabin stewards a bag of laundry the first evening.

Since we have to travel 3 or 4 days before embarking on a ship, I wait until the next morning to give our cabin stewards a bag of laundry (8 AM). We usually get the clothes back the following day. Allow 24 - 48 hours to have clothes returned.

I frequently leave a bag of laundry on the bed when I go to dinner that first night. That first bag usually comes back by the next afternoon. Sometimes sooner! :)

If you plan to use the laundry service often, ask your cabin steward for several laundry invoices when you meet him, that way you have them when you need them. And remind him that you would like a new bag left when the laundry is returned (or taken, if that's your preference).

was that code red or code orange? I wonder if the non do-it-yourself was taking clothes. One would think the hot water they have to use would kill everything.

I don't think they have to use hot water (or maybe just for their linens, etc.). We always mark our laundry list with "Cold water, please". I use cool at home, and I don't want to risk shrinkage.

was that code red or code orange? I wonder if the non do-it-yourself was taking clothes. One would think the hot water they have to use would kill everything.

Whatever the 1st couple of days are called when new folks come on board.

You know the lido is not self service, the library is closed and such.

How much do the self-service laudrette cost - for both washing and drying?

$2.00 to wash, and $1.00 to dry; you can get change at the Front Desk. Detergent is provided, but if you use dryer sheets, you must bring your own.

Volendam's self-service laundries were closed for almost the entire cruise, on our repo cruise from Kobe to Vancouver in April. That was because we were almost always in Code Red, due to a persistent noro-virus outbreak.

We could still send out laundry, so we did not have to end up with masses of dirty clothes.

Archived