MSC Yacht Club Room 15002

mumofabs

My problem on any ship in having a cabin at an exit door would be the noise from that door's closing regularly. I didn't notice any great noise on the Divina when the door to the Top Sail closed, but I wasn't staying in 15001.

My problem on any ship in having a cabin at an exit door would be the noise from that door's closing regularly. I didn't notice any great noise on the Divina when the door to the Top Sail closed, but I wasn't staying in 15001.

I wondered this. Looking at the deck plan it seems as though Top Sail has three entrances though. One on each side of the stateroom corridor and one in the middle from the lounge? I'm sure Mike or Pete will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hopefully if correct this will limit the number of people using the door immediately next to me stateroom!

I've actually just realised that the video I watched previously of the Top Sail lounge was on Prezioza and not Splendida. Looking at the deck plan it seems that the buffet that I saw in the lounge isn't there on Splendida.

Can anyone confirm this? That would be a shame if true.

From memory there was a continuous buffet in the Top Sail Lounge. Heard no noise at all with regard to exit doors opening and closing, neither did we hear any conversation noise, I think the soundproofing is really good. As you enter the room there is a bathroom, small hall to main room and large walk in wardrobe. This I expect also blocked any noise. I think 15002 is only different on Splendida and Fantasia on Davina the cabin next to Top Sail is long and thin.

From memory there was a continuous buffet in the Top Sail Lounge. Heard no noise at all with regard to exit doors opening and closing, neither did we hear any conversation noise, I think the soundproofing is really good. As you enter the room there is a bathroom, small hall to main room and large walk in wardrobe. This I expect also blocked any noise. I think 15002 is only different on Splendida and Fantasia on Davina the cabin next to Top Sail is long and thin.

Good to hear! Thanks ever so much. 😊

I wondered this. Looking at the deck plan it seems as though Top Sail has three entrances though. One on each side of the stateroom corridor and one in the middle from the lounge? I'm sure Mike or Pete will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hopefully if correct this will limit the number of people using the door immediately next to me stateroom!

I agree with you about the number of entrances

• 1 year later...

Hi mumofabs!

I am right now in cabin 15002 on Splendida!!!

I love the room! It is almost double the "regular" YC1 suites and I agree the balcony is more than double the others.

I was also worried because I could not find any pics of it but now I am more than pleased!

fa7ce8809c75f6e371a4d2184cea99d9.jpg

I will try and take better pics to be able to feel the actual size

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for posting very nice photos from your cabin on the MSC Splendida, great :) The cabin looks very nice. So roomy and spacious, like the other square cabins. I have never thought of booking 15001/02 on the Splendida or Fantasia but will for sure look out for one of them next time. The balcony is HUGE. Have a great cruise in YC , my favourite at sea:)

Fantastic ifernbol, and you must be doing the exact same cruise as we pick up in Valecia

on 14/9. I had to make the post because there was so much negativity about this room when in fact it is so much better than the others. You pictures are brilliant I have some but it would not let me upload for some reason. Enjoy the rest of your cruise x

Fantastic ifernbol, and you must be doing the exact same cruise as we pick up in Valecia

on 14/9. I had to make the post because there was so much negativity about this room when in fact it is so much better than the others. You pictures are brilliant I have some but it would not let me upload for some reason. Enjoy the rest of your cruise x

That is right mumofabs! We disembark in Valencia next Thursday. I hope you have a very nice cruise!

We will leave the room tidy for you....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the 15002 on the Fantasia for 24 nights in March/April this year. I confirm everything positive that others have posted - it's a fantastic cabin with a beautiful huge frontal and lateral facing balcony, The only difference between the 15002 on the Fantasia and that on the Splendida is the color of the decor. The divan and chair on the first are yellow in color while they're blue on the Splendida. I've been trying to book either 15001 or 15002 for our next Fantasia cruise in November but so far without success.