Resident Discount

lauren0309

I booked my cruise a year ago and noticed there is now a resident discount in the state I live in. Am I still eligible to get that discount or is it only at time of booking?

How did you find out about a resident discount??

Sea Ya

Thanks

I booked my cruise a year ago and noticed there is now a resident discount in the state I live in. Am I still eligible to get that discount or is it only at time of booking?

Yes...you are eligible....On my May 2013 Alaska cruise there was a Calif. resident rate offered a few months outside of final payment (we don't see many of those out here) and it saved me $600 for the two of us :D:D

I went through a fake booking thru rc and notice there is a 55+ discount but then went on another website from an agency and it said residency discount applies. So maybe 2 discounts? I am trying to call but the wait time is 10 minutes. I'll keep holding.

You basically go through a fake booking for your cruise on the RC website. It will ask you for your age and also the state you live in.

Well this should keep the DH busy for the next 10ish months.

Thanks

Sea Ya

Anyone know when Ohio could be:D???

How did you find out about a resident discount??

Sea Ya

Thanks

Go on this page http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?actionType=&promoType=&location=&portOfCall=&eventSource=&pageType=AS&dest=&state=NJ&port=&duration=&price=&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&cruiseType=CO&&exp=true#%2Ffindacruise%2Fsearch%2FvacationSearchResult.do%3FactionType%3D%26promoType%3D%26location%3D%26portOfCall%3D%26eventSource%3D%26pageType%3DSR%26dest%3D%26state%3DAL%26port%3D%26duration%3D%26price%3D%26includeAdjascentPorts%3DY%26cruiseType%3DCO%26userPreferences%3DN%26sortBy%3D1%26exp%3Dtrue and only fill in your state..then look below and you can see how many cruises have discounted prices for your state.........., then go back and change to a different state and you will see a different number of available cruises.

Try it .

Remember just change where it says the state, nothing else.

Jimbo:)

You basically go through a fake booking for your cruise on the RC website. It will ask you for your age and also the state you live in.

Yes age question will be for any senior discount offered but has nothing to do with the resident discount..no age requirement on that. Those discounts aren't always offered and can vary and come and go quickly...so always act fast :)

Good thing you found this out when you did. You should be very close to final payment.

It pays to check back every day or two until final - some times it pays off big? For an Oasis cruise this past winter, I saved $400 on my stateroom by doing just this.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just got through to Royal Caribbean. The resident rate apparently doesn't apply to my category. It only goes to certain categories so when you check make sure you also put in your category. Oh well, at least I tried. I still got $650 off my cruise anyway between my Crown and Anchor coupon and my Visa points so I did ok.:)

I recently checked our April 27, 2014 Hawaii to Vancouver sailing and got a great discount for Ca Residence, our first ever. Final payment is due Feb 14th, Our original Per Person booking for a D-1 was $2389, it dropped to $1800. Our overall savings was $1260, because the Insurance dropped accordingly.

You just have to have a state ID to prove you are a resident of that state if they ask at the dock. If you can't prove it then you will be responsible for the additional rate before boarding. Just a heads up. Hope your TA comes through for ya because it should be yours for the takin!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Well this should keep the DH busy for the next 10ish months.

Thanks

Sea Ya

Anyone know when Ohio could be:D???

Hi,

that should keep him busy ...... but if you want to give him a little help ..... you might try something different.

I searched the web ( google, or whatever ) for some agency that handles ' vacations ' or 'last minute cruises' or something similar. Many will show up. Pick the one that has many options for searching cruises like : military, regional discounts. past cruise discounts and so on. I had to register. which was free. During the registration you will provide your state of residence.

Later on if I want to check if there is a discount for my age or state, military ..... I choose what month / months I want to cruise , and what discount I am looking for ...... and click search. Many cruises will show up ...... one of them might be the one that you have already booked ...... if it is contact your TA or the cruise line.

and make sure you check the area where it list "regional discounts"

Archived