Losing Onboard Credit

djcass4199

My wife and I booked our upcoming cruise while on our last cruise to get the $75 obc on our upcoming 6 day cruise because we booked on board. I called carnival today to upgrade our room from an ocean view to a balcony. The agent told me that I would not lose this $75 credit for changing cabins. I just pulled up our updated booking summary and the credit is not there. Was the agent mistaken and I really do lose the credit or is this a mistake??

I've had a similar problem, when I called Carnival they still show my obc but they can't get it to show up online(sounds like a lot of nonsense to me). So I suggest you call and if they still show your obc have then email you your booking info so you have some proof in writing.

My wife and I booked our upcoming cruise while on our last cruise to get the $75 obc on our upcoming 6 day cruise because we booked on board. I called carnival today to upgrade our room from an ocean view to a balcony. The agent told me that I would not lose this $75 credit for changing cabins. I just pulled up our updated booking summary and the credit is not there. Was the agent mistaken and I really do lose the credit or is this a mistake??

I would say that the agent is mistaken.

The amount of OBC should not be reduced or taken away as it was an incentive to get you to book a future cruise.

Bill

I've lost mine several times when I did price drops. They removed my shareholder and on-board booking credits about half the time. The solution is to call them and they will put it back on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah, it's just weird. When we originally booked, we booked an interior cabin. Then a month and a half ago, we upgraded from interior to ocean view. The credit still showed on our updated booking confirmation. It's just now showing from the upgrade from OV to balcony now (come to think of it, I've upgraded from all cabin categories....maybe i should upgrade one last time to a suite haha)

I will call them and see what's up.

Yeah, it's just weird. When we originally booked, we booked an interior cabin. Then a month and a half ago, we upgraded from interior to ocean view. The credit still showed on our updated booking confirmation. It's just now showing from the upgrade from OV to balcony now (come to think of it, I've upgraded from all cabin categories....maybe i should upgrade one last time to a suite haha)

I will call them and see what's up.

I've never booked on board, but use to always purchase FCC's. In the past, if you booked a balcony the OBC was $100. So, I would think you should now receive $100 OBC for a balcony. Check it out, worth a try!

I've never booked on board, but use to always purchase FCC's. In the past, if you booked a balcony the OBC was $100. So, I would think you should now receive $100 OBC for a balcony. Check it out, worth a try!

The OBC has nothing to do with what category you booked.

I believe the OP booked a 6-day cruise and the OBC for booking onboard was $75. for 6-day.

OP - Check your cruise docs under "Manage My Cruise". The $75 OBC should still appear there.

Several times I've noticed that my OBC doesn't show under the Manage My Cruise / My Billing information, yet it does show properly if I go to "View Cruise Documents" and then "Print General Information."

I save copies of that generated PDF about once each month just to have a document trail for those strange little system hiccups that Carnival is infamous for.

Several times I've noticed that my OBC doesn't show under the Manage My Cruise / My Billing information, yet it does show properly if I go to "View Cruise Documents" and then "Print General Information."

I save copies of that generated PDF about once each month just to have a document trail for those strange little system hiccups that Carnival is infamous for.

You explained it better than I did. I also print out the Page 1 & 2 of the "Print General Info" which shows all of my OBC.

When we switched rooms recently my OBC went away when my PVP moved me, she caught the issue while I was one the phone with her and by the time I got off the phone with her I still had my OBC (less the $20 it cost to upgrade) and one of the Bowling Alley balconies on the Legend. :D

I think it depends on your PVP and their familiarity with the booking process and their internal Carnival booking system.

Archived