private guide or ship excursion RIO

Krowie

Hi,

Have completed many cruise days but never to Rio. We will be cruising 20 November 2013 BARCELONA to RIO on MARINA.We have cruised on Marina before, loved it. I have checked excursions for this trip and find that pricing has gone mad !!

Looking to make private arrangements with local guide.

If anyone has suggestions, this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Krowie

We are stopping in Rio enroute to our Marina cruise next May.

There are many private tour guides on the internet as well as organised bus tours. We have also found a tour guide who does tours of the Favelas which were virtually forbidden territory previously.

I know your cruise is around Carnivale time so hotels may be difficult but we have booked the Copacabana in case we see Barry Manilow there !

Brian

Yes, join our roll call. You will find many of us have all private tours set up. The ship shore excursions are very expensive. You have some reading to do. And, welcome to Cruise Critic. You will find a wealth of information. See you on board.

Pearl

Hi,

Have completed many cruise days but never to Rio. We will be cruising 20 November 2013 BARCELONA to RIO on MARINA.We have cruised on Marina before, loved it. I have checked excursions for this trip and find that pricing has gone mad !!

Regards,

Krowie

Write to me at tanny5258@att.net and I will give you the name of a fabulous tour guide - he books quickly, but you can try. Arlene;)

Manu Peclat was fantastic and we toured with him for 2 days straight last December. He's very in demand so contact him ASAP. Google "manu peclat rio de janeiro" and you should see his page and contact info. He's super friendly, great english, and has a nice car (wait till you see Rio traffic and driving - it's insane!). Wonderful city and you will enjoy yourself, especially with Manu!!!

Have fun!

Six of us on the Rio-Barcelona TA on Insignia in 2012 had a wonderful pre-cruise tour day with Neyla. She is always recommended as the #1 or #2 top tour guide in Rio on trip advisor.

I agree. Neyla was fabulous. I think we received a little special treatment because she was so well liked everywhere we went.

Manu Peclat was fantastic and we toured with him for 2 days straight last December. He's very in demand so contact him ASAP. Google "manu peclat rio de janeiro" and you should see his page and contact info. He's super friendly, great english, and has a nice car (wait till you see Rio traffic and driving - it's insane!). Wonderful city and you will enjoy yourself, especially with Manu!!!

Have fun!

Rather than crooked ?

Brian

No one hs mentioned if you contact the jeweler H.Stern in Rio you get a wonderful tour complimentary (we paid for the guides lunch and tip) and all you have to do is spend 15 minutes in H. Stern (not to buy anything) and trust me ladies it is worth just looking at the magnificent jewelry and he also dropped us at the airport..it was a wonderful air conditioned van and we didnt wait on line for anything..he took us to the front..

Jancruz1

No one hs mentioned if you contact the jeweler H.Stern in Rio you get a wonderful tour complimentary (we paid for the guides lunch and tip) and all you have to do is spend 15 minutes in H. Stern (not to buy anything) and trust me ladies it is worth just looking at the magnificent jewelry and he also dropped us at the airport..it was a wonderful air conditioned van and we didnt wait on line for anything..he took us to the front..

Jancruz1

How much time did H Stern give you? Did you have time to see Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer?

Four days in Rio was not enough for us. We ALMOST hated to board our ship. :)

It is a beautiful, fascinating city and if you are there for a cruise, it is a shame not to take a few extra days to enjoy it.

Jancruz1

Jan,

We will be in Rio on the Marina in December. Can you give more detail about the tour offered by H.Stern? Was this something you set up ahead of time? Where did the tour go? How long was it? How many people were on the tour?

How about "two FULL days" - not mentioning nights??;)

LOL, now you know that talk like that will impel some wag to ask just what those days were "full of", and the scatological implications alone could be just devastating.

I prefer to hold on to the version where Brian rises to consciousness as his trusty Guide gazes benevolently down upon him.

cranky-early-morning.jpg I'm sure that he is more fetching, of a morning, than he could ever admit...

Hi,

Regards,

Krowie

Hi Krowie,

Welcome to Cruise Critic !

The Roll Call Forums, is the place to meet other Cruise Critic friends on your sailing, and continue this discussion.

Here is a direct link to your Roll Call : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1589784

Have a great time on Marina. This thread is now closed.

Archived