GoPro

MarTex

Ha funny. I was disappointed I didn't have any clouds in my TL videos. Perfect weather on our med cruise.

There's always tenders and harbor traffic. Well, maybe not always - but glad the weather was cooperative to a great vacation!

Thank you.

Smatree, they make a interesting product or products, I found other products that are similar, but no where near the same material, or craftsmanship.

Feiyu-Tech, they make the main 2 and 3 axes gimbals for the gopro, while other companies rebadging, the sticker with their own company name, for example; Swiftcam, is one to name that few?

With many types of Steadicams, and accesorries, on the market, there are only a few I will have in my gear kit. Like that card commercial,

What I in your gear kit?

Everyone want's the latest and greatest. Do you want to load up IOS 8 and have the loss of photo and video for your camera roll, or gopro album?

Now is the time to sit down and think?

Do I Upgrade and lose, or do I take the word of a forum member

The work around to this will be , Prizmia, will work like a charm, something to look into, before you decide what to do?

Gopro official site has not addressed the issue. or feel it is a threat. publically it will hurt them, but I am sure many tweeted and facbooked it. Lol good luck in the fix guys

• 1 month later...

My daughter and I did another "Color Dash" 5K charity run yesterday. I had the camera on my hiking staff and kept holding it up for high shots. The MC started calling me "Moses" and we had a great time through it all.

We talked before the final "color blast" and he got everyone to circle me before it went off - exactly what I hoped for as the final shot. Great organizers, great time and perfect weather to do it in.

[YOUTUBE]KschznRPcMk[/YOUTUBE]

My daughter and I did another "Color Dash" 5K charity run yesterday. I had the camera on my hiking staff and kept holding it up for high shots. The MC started calling me "Moses" and we had a great time through it all.

We talked before the final "color blast" and he got everyone to circle me before it went off - exactly what I hoped for as the final shot. Great organizers, great time and perfect weather to do it in.

guess it's not about the Run. quality time it's about thanx for sharing a colorful video

• 1 month later...

GoPro 4 Black is awesome! I've picked up a variety of accessories for it . . .

PilotFly FunnyGo 3-axis gimbal

a couple external microphones

skeleton and frame cases - still need to get the black case

polarizer filter and some protective filters / lens caps

head strap

floating handle

The carry case is an issue . . . all the gopro carry cases are too small when you add in accessories like the FunnyGo, but the items tend to get lost in a traditional shoulder bag. I'm probably going to get a hard case which isn't nearly as convenient to carry, but it does protect the gimbal.

I also had to upgrade my phone as the Hero 4 doesn't allow previews with Iphone 4. It looks great on the Iphone 6+ tho!

Anyway, I've been having fun learning the camera - I'll try to embed a short video I did at the Palace of Wax in Grand Prairie . ..

https://vimeo.com/113439876

That low light capability is fantastic - it makes a "4" well worth the money. Now if I can just find the money!

Travel is hard, no doubt about it. Somewhere back in this thread is my shoulder bag setup, but there'd be no room for a gimbal in it either.

Thanks for posting this, I always love looking at what others are doing-lately it's a heck of a lot more than I.

That low light capability is fantastic - it makes a "4" well worth the money. Now if I can just find the money!

Travel is hard, no doubt about it. Somewhere back in this thread is my shoulder bag setup, but there'd be no room for a gimbal in it either.

Thanks for posting this, I always love looking at what others are doing-lately it's a heck of a lot more than I.

I worked out a trade with someone, giving up some DSLR equipment for the Hero 4 Black, so that was a freebie for me :D On the other hand, I've put a lot into the accessories like the gimbal so it's been a costly venture.

Definitely going full bore on this, for personal and professional use. I've asked my employer to buy a boom bandit, and our president has the latest drone from DJI - I want to use both of these at construction sites and for finished buildings on videos to promote our commercial buildings. Imagine the view from a GoPro on top of a 120 foot high crane, looking down as it lifts concrete panels? Very cool.

For storage, I will try a hard case like the Zeikos ZE-HC36 Deluxe Medium Hard Shell Case if I get one for Christmas. If not, I have an old SLR camera bag that I will gut and repad on the interior with a good configuration for GoPro stuff. That will probably end up as a DIY video on Youtube when I finish it LOL.

I'm really hopeful that I can shoot a lot with the GoPro this next year. I have a family travel photos website that I run just for fun, and I can always put videos on that. Gonna shoot a lot of christmas lights stuff here in Dallas / Fort Worth over the next few weeks . . . that'll be for the website. And of course there's a cruise we have booked for May that should give me lots of chances to have fun with it.

Imagine the view from a GoPro on top of a 120 foot high crane, looking down as it lifts concrete panels?

Do you mean something like:

http://baudoku.1000eyes.de/cam/einsiedeln/ACCC8E1056BA/timelapse-overall.mp4

As from a construction site in a village south of where we live:

http://www.gdbinzen.ch/modules/standard/?page_id=1&lang=1&navTitle=Willkommen

(Page in German, but you'll get the idea of the buttons etc)

They have a standardized weatherproofed etc product for it btw:

http://www.1000eyes.de/videoueberwachung/en/vue/baustellendokumentation.jsp

more examples of locations at that page (in english :) )

Edited by fuzzel

Do you mean something like:

http://baudoku.1000eyes.de/cam/einsiedeln/ACCC8E1056BA/timelapse-overall.mp4

As from a construction site in a village south of where we live:

http://www.gdbinzen.ch/modules/standard/?page_id=1&lang=1&navTitle=Willkommen

(Page in German, but you'll get the idea of the buttons etc)

They have a standardized weatherproofed etc product for it btw:

http://www.1000eyes.de/videoueberwachung/en/vue/baustellendokumentation.jsp

more examples of locations at that page (in english :) )

Not exactly what we're planning . . . I'm going to put the gopro on the top of a crane that moves around the jobsite and lifts large concrete panels into position during tilt-up construction - I'd probably do a mix of regular video and time lapse. The video clips might only be 8-10 minutes and the time lapse for a period of a few hours.

• 5 months later...

Bumping this thread to keep it current.

Feiyu-Tech has released the 3-axis G4 (US$330-ish on Amazon), which has some software and hardware updates. Most interesting to me is they've internalized those wires that stick out all over the place on the G3. They've also addressed the awkward battery situation.

At nearly 2x the price, the Shape ISEE I looks a heck of a lot more solid. But it is around $600 and is only a 2-axis.

Personally, I'm considering the G4 with a couple of their carbon fiber extension bars.

Bump it with news that catches attention.!!

Old news.

FY-G4 has been around for 6 months with FW V 1.11 already installed, no updating unless Feiyu-tech.com releases newer Firmware?

The 18350 900mah bats last up to 5 hrs on and off use.. the 186502200mah extension kit last 2.4time longer and accepts 18650 6000 mah bats. that will give you just a lil more power.

If you plan on using the gopro you may also charge it via through the FY-G4, that will run the gimbal down to 1 hour of use. Using the extension will benefit you bigger time.

Extension poles one is needed two is added bonus. these poles do sell for 9.00 per, not 20.00 per

The FY-G4 sells for $265.00 on sale Free shipping with two poles, and remote control, limited deal. Sale price $300.00-285. FY-G4.

research and you will be happy,

Bumping this thread to keep it current.

Feiyu-Tech has released the 3-axis G4 (US$330-ish on Amazon), which has some software and hardware updates. Most interesting to me is they've internalized those wires that stick out all over the place on the G3. They've also addressed the awkward battery situation.

At nearly 2x the price, the Shape ISEE I looks a heck of a lot more solid. But it is around $600 and is only a 2-axis.

Personally, I'm considering the G4 with a couple of their carbon fiber extension bars.

Edited by gopro63

Afternoon cruise GoPro ers

Went on our first cruise last year. spent time with two other couples who had GoPros for snorkelling etc and bought one as soon as i got home.

Love the little thing so much that i bought another, so next march we will be cruising with 2 GoPros - i have 3+ Black and also have the GoPro hero which my boy uses.

Have been using the GoPro for loads of filming doing all sorts of crazy things with my family.

great to read through this thread and hopefully it can be reignited with new GoPro ers!!

Afternoon cruise GoPro ers

Went on our first cruise last year. spent time with two other couples who had GoPros for snorkelling etc and bought one as soon as i got home.

Love the little thing so much that i bought another, so next march we will be cruising with 2 GoPros - i have 3+ Black and also have the GoPro hero which my boy uses.

Have been using the GoPro for loads of filming doing all sorts of crazy things with my family.

great to read through this thread and hopefully it can be reignited with new GoPro ers!!

Had mine for just over a year. Love it! I use it mainly for time-lapse and slo-mo. I'm addicted. Looking to buy a second one for our next cruise.

dont let me influence you, but im not 100% happy with the hero camera. dont get me wrong, its fab for our 10 year old and as a second camera on some shoots i have done. It does restrict you with not having the wifi, and the limiting settings, but i guess i am spoilt by the 3+ black a bit.

having the second camera is fab though, and its going to be great to get an 11 year old view of our cruise and cocoa beach vacation!

having the second camera is fab though, and its going to be great to get an 11 year old view of our cruise and cocoa beach vacation!

This! If nothing else it makes great "B" roll stuff for an overall project.

... Love the little thing so much that i bought another,

Now that you have two you need some method of carrying. If you have nothing consider the "Riseful" available for B&H Photo. A little pricey but well worth it. Room for three Go Pros... I have two... 3 Black and a 3+Black. I had wasted my money on other cases until I found the Riseful.

DSC09463-XL.jpg

CS15iK_%25200005-XL.jpg

DSC03356_labels-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid