Deluxe Owners Suite -Hot?

rhinomike

I have read a few post on here stating the the DOS on the Star gets pretty hot due to the sun on the large windows. I like our room cold. About 70 degrees. I love going in there in the afternoon and crawling into the cold bed for a nap. Some of the post were up to a year old. Does anyone know if this has been fixed or addressed?

We are thinking about booking the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom DOS on the Star for a Caribbean cruise at the end of March. But if it is still hot then I will just book 2 connecting rooms. Thank you.

I have read a few post on here stating the the DOS on the Star gets pretty hot due to the sun on the large windows. I like our room cold. About 70 degrees. I love going in there in the afternoon and crawling into the cold bed for a nap. Some of the post were up to a year old. Does anyone know if this has been fixed or addressed?

We are thinking about booking the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom DOS on the Star for a Caribbean cruise at the end of March. But if it is still hot then I will just book 2 connecting rooms. Thank you.

The AC in my DOS would chill the room very nicely. If it is too warm, turn the temp down. Me thinks you were reading someone who exaggerates.

We were in one of the outer DOS on the Star in August 2011 to Alaska. Most of the time we had the thermostats on the second to last blue bar (second coldest setting) and felt that pretty comfortable and probably around 70-72 from what I'm used to. The outer DOS had three of the thermostats - one in bedroom, one in bath, and one in living room.

On the one day where we had a lot of sun it did get warm in the room and we partially closed the drapes which helped and turned it down all the way and it was ok but again that was Alaska.

I do recall reading more than one person telling of the rooms getting hot during the trips last summer. Whether anything has been fixed or not, I can't tell you.

Well I just wasn't sold on the Suite for $3k more. We are always happy with our regular rooms. The heat issue on the DOS worried me...

So I just booked 2 connecting ocean view rooms with a port hole. I actually wanted an inside cabin but there were no connecting available.... Thank You for all of the help. We are going to book our Alaska Cruise for this summer next... Probably the Pearl. We will do a suite on that cruise for sure. Probably with the Haven.....

We've had them twice now and booked again! When it was about 85-90 outside if we left all the drapes open and the AC about medium it was a little warm. During the hottest part of the day we partially closed the drapes and kept the room between 65-70 and low 60's at night. Never a problem.

Archived