Port Everglades question

J.A.H.

• 4 weeks later...

I was very pleased last month on the Ruby that we were able to buy wine and bring it onboard from each Greek port we were in. :) Too bad the wines weren't that great! LOL

Sailing on the Royal seven weeks from today out of FLL (yay) and will definitely update the wine policy we encounter. It seems to change from ship to ship, embarkation port to embarkation port so who knows???

No ships here now, expecting them mid October like the previous poster said. I love our winters here, great weather and lots of ships to choose from! :D

Thanks for the update, WendyG! We will be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale at about the same time that you will be, but not on the Royal. I hope to hear from some other cruisers out of Port Everglades before we leave for Florida.

You are so lucky to live where you do and be close to so many ports. We live in So. CA., so we can do Mexico and CA. coastal and some others but prefer the Caribbean.:)

I was very pleased last month on the Ruby that we were able to buy wine and bring it onboard from each Greek port we were in. :) Too bad the wines weren't that great! LOL

Sailing on the Royal seven weeks from today out of FLL (yay) and will definitely update the wine policy we encounter. It seems to change from ship to ship, embarkation port to embarkation port so who knows???

No ships here now, expecting them mid October like the previous poster said. I love our winters here, great weather and lots of ships to choose from! :D

No, say it wasn't so!;)

and beer and liquor and.....

Hey Island Princessers...wish we were boarding today! How is the embarkation going? Is the wine table in full effect? Let us know :)

Bon Voyage!

Wow. The obsession here is amazing. I think it would be entertaining for a few fake IDs to post disinformation about the situation.

• 2 weeks later...
No, no one is doing that.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Thank you for the update! Enjoy your cruise!

One question: was anyone bringing beer on board? Last time we sailed, my husband was able to bring a six pack of craft beer that he loves, and my dad was able to bring on some beloved Miller High Life without any issue. Unfortunately, the beer selection on the ship just isn't that great, so it was nice to have a few favorites in the fridge to have while getting ready for dinner.

Thanks!

They weren't checking for anything in your carry on...just weapons. And some folks have brought beer on in ports. It was shockingly lax. Still early in the season. I'd be shocked if it stays this way.

Thanks for the update - we appreciate it! Hope you had a nice cruise, and I'm crossing my fingers that the policy stays lax until the end of January :rolleyes:. We still give the bars plenty of business while onboard, but it sure is nice for my husband and dad to have a few beers on hand that are their preferred choice while we're in our cabins.

• 3 weeks later...