Do you think that some of the onboard activities are old fashioned?

wales4ever

I miss roving minstrels in the dining room that would play requests.

OMG that conjured up a memory from almost 50 years ago. I remember a roving violinist from a transatlantic crossing I did when I was a young child... and the way my mother blushed when he got too close. Awesome! :)

I think the best pool games we ever witnessed was on a Princess Cruise. The crew tossed in bananas, apples, oranges, coconut pineapple and they had to jump in and gather as much as they could, one lady came out of the pool loaded with bananas sticking out from her bathing suit. Another game was gathering as much silverware ( spoons, forks, knives) as they could. They also had two racing down the pool getting out, eating a cracker then trying to blow up the balloon and pop it in the wading area. Hilarious.

I actually feel like the CDs do a good job mixing it up with the quest. I've done it on every cruise I've been on and other than having to take my bra off (ugh) in each one, they have been different enough to keep it interesting and surprising.

I went once and found it to be pretty predictable, even though I'd never been before. And it was obvious that some people were "veterans" who took winning very seriously and came prepared for some of the more predictable parts of it. I guess it's just not my thing . . .

I miss toga night… and costume parties… and passengers dressed as Elvis.

So glad you posted this. I just remembered that my dad still has, tucked away in a closet, a fantabulous cruise line jacket...won for best Elvis impersonator during an onboard competition years ago.

I started cruising in 2000 & out of my 16 cruises, I've only seen that 2 or 3 times. It was pretty fun to watch the horse owners walk around the ship with their "horse."

Napkin folding - my 9 yo DD has done that a couple times with DH. It's something she wouldn't do on land. I want an escape from videogames, etc when we go on vacation.

However, I did like the trivia I did last year that had an electronic component!

Definitely give it a shot! I hope it proves to be fun for you!!! (Though I'm biased- the quest is one of my favorite things about cruising).

I definitely agree with you about Quest. RCI has gotta keep it going, if for no other reason than for the newbie cruisers. I get a kick out of first-timers reactions to the fun n' games. Admittedly, I STILL enjoy watching people have a great time. Quest simply NEVER gets old with me!

It would be a good idea to change the questions for the newlywed game at least every decade-lol

Quest to me is a one and done too-how many times can you play that knowing what they are going to ask.

Actually I think Royal does a pretty good job with trying to stay current.

I do like the pool Olympics-one cruise I remember them putting a log across the pool(large pvc pipe) and you had to sit on it-slide to the middle and pummel your opponent until one of you fell off.

I also like dodge ball.

I think games of skill are cool-Bean bag toss-or as we call it "corn hole"-Putting contest-

Suggestions would be -Pool basketball-Volleyball-(they do this one)-I like trivia if I am in the mood-but I never win-

They definitely need some updating for Quest and love and marriage. Also the cake decorating contest...once was fine, twice was too much.

Lots of people have asked for the return if hose racing.

Archived