e729 mini suite extended balcony

crosj

I am very much an aft balcony kind of gal. I have had c752 and c753 many times and I love them. I was booking an Alaska cruise and thought I would try for one of the mini suites aft with the extended balcony. Wow-they were available. After I booked I looked at the deck plan and realized that the vista lounge is right below us. The stage is on the opposite side of the ship-but will the noise carry to our room?

I guess I should have asked this before I booked the room!

Thanks

Not certain which ship you are going on but we had E729 on the Caribbean Princess in September 2010 on a Canada/New England cruise and loved it. No noise at all from Club Fusion below and it was very quiet in the hallway as there are only a few cabins past E729. We love the fully covered Emerald Deck mini-suites on this class ship and they are our cabins of choice. The balcony is fully covered and very spacious. Enjoy!

Just posting to reiterate what everyone else has said. We sailed in E729 and there was absolutely NO noise. We had friends in E730 and they said there was some reverberation in the evening but they were early to bed type people and even they said the noise ended by 11 or so.

I am very much an aft balcony kind of gal. I have had c752 and c753 many times and I love them. I was booking an Alaska cruise and thought I would try for one of the mini suites aft with the extended balcony. Wow-they were available. After I booked I looked at the deck plan and realized that the vista lounge is right below us. The stage is on the opposite side of the ship-but will the noise carry to our room?

I guess I should have asked this before I booked the room!

Thanks

What ship are you sailing on and which mini-suite?

We have stayed in this mini 3 times (Caribbean-1 and Alaska-2). No noise and it is an absolutely awesome room. We always travel with family and friends and it is perfect for parties and multiple people to just hang out.

Never had any issue with noise.

Happy Cruising:D:D

E729 is on the starboard side, the side opposite the stage in the Vista Lounge, so you will not hear a thing from the lounge; that happens to be my favorite mini on the Grand Class ships and I get it every chance I can--I've never had a problem with noise.

Thanks everyone-You have just reassured me that I did make the right choice. This will be the first time I am that close to the water. My usually deck is Caribe aft. I thought it was

time for a change. I can hardly wait to hit the international café with my coffee card! Not to mention the Pizza. Its too early from me to start obsessing. (BUT I AM)

We had this cabin, E729, on the Star to Alaska in May. We DID hear noise from the Vista Lounge on two back-to-back nights. We go to bed early and I wear earplugs. I could hear the comedian that was on one night for about 30-45 minutes. The next night we could hear some bass but it only lasted about 1/2 an hour.

It was annoying and woke my husband up, but we were undecided if it was a deal breaker to secure or not secure that cabin again.

If I had to say now, not being there, that the location of the cabin and the wonderful extended covered balcony would probably sway me to book the cabin again.

We have booked the E728 on the Grand for our next AK cruise in June. I have heard there may be some bass vibrations from the Vista bandstand below us, but I'm hoping the extended balcony is worth it. I am making an assumption that we may be able to see towards the aft as well as out the port side.

Obsessing and dreaming of these cruise details just adds an additional year to my cruising :p.

We have been in E731 on the Crown before and booked the same cabin for this November. Did not hear a peep from the Lounge below. Also, have booked E729 on the Golden for our Alaska cruise in May '14. GREAT cabin, love the extended balcony. We did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner out there and had plenty of room (gonna do it again in November). LOVED IT!!! You will definitely enjoy it.

We have booked the E728 on the Grand for our next AK cruise in June. I have heard there may be some bass vibrations from the Vista bandstand below us, but I'm hoping the extended balcony is worth it. I am making an assumption that we may be able to see towards the aft as well as out the port side.

Obsessing and dreaming of these cruise details just adds an additional year to my cruising :p.

Yes! I just recently "eyeballed" this balcony, on the Grand, from the dock in Ketchikan. You will definitely be able to see toward the aft, as well as to port.

Should be fantastic!

Bon voyage:)

Yes! I just recently "eyeballed" this balcony' date=' on the Grand, from the dock in Ketchikan. You will definitely be able to see toward the aft, as well as to port.

Should be fantastic!

Bon voyage:)[/quote']

Thanks so much, Crusin'Rabbit. I appreciate you taking notice for me. Sure hope your cruise is going well for you.

We were in E731 on the Emerald last October and we didn't hear any noise at all. It was such a quiet cabin. Unfortunately, we did a cold weather cruise - New England - so we didn't take advantage of the huge balcony which was a pity. We have booked E731 on the Diamond for Japan next year and at least we will have warmer weather so we will be able to use and enjoy the wonderful balcony.

By the way, the bed was just so comfortable on the Emerald. I think they must have replaced all the mini suite beds!

Jennie

Archived