Great Customer Service from Carnival

bills blasters

We have a b2b booked for Dec. We booked it almost a year in advance and made sure that we could get the same room for both sailings. We always like to get an aft balcony, and since there is not a lot of them on each ship, it is not always easy to get the same room for both cruises.

After reading on here on Sat. about a lady who had checked on her booking and had found out that one of her rooms had been changed without being notified, I decided to look at my booking just to make sure that there had been no changes.

When checking, I found that one of the rooms had been changed. Still an aft balcony, but on a different floor. I was so shocked. One of the best things about a b2b is unpacking, and not having to pack for 2 weeks.

It was late on Sat. night, and I knew that my PVP would not be in until Monday at the earliest. I didn't want to wait that long to find out how this had happened. I called the Carnival number and talked to the first agent that I got. She checked for me and could see that it had been changed quite awhile ago, but could not find any explanation as to why it had been changed. She said there was nothing she could do and there were no rooms left that were available for both of the sailings.

I asked to talked to her supervisor. After about a 10 minute wait, she came back on and said she had a supervisor for me, but at Midnite on Sat. the computers often go down, and the supervisor could not access my booking. Did I still want to talk to her she asked. Yes, I still wanted to talked to her.

Got a very nice lady and explained what had happened. She couldn't really do anything with out being able to access my booking, but she told me not to panic. She would work with me and we would find a solution. She told me she was not suppose to work on Sunday or Monday, but since she worked from her home, she would try and see what she could do on Sunday.

She took my phone number and told me to trust her and not get too upset. I patiently waited Sunday, hoping to hear from her. Didn't hear anything, so I have to admit that I was thinking bad

things about Carnival. I was all ready to start bashing them and customer service.

Monday morning I got a call from her. She told me that she had worked on the problem on Sunday. She apologized for the room being cancel. She didn't know how it had happened. I had applied for a rate drop and somehow it also changed my room. She said it shouldn't have done that. She told me that the person who had my room had booked it a long time ago. She said that the room was booked through a travel agency. She had contacted the travel agency on Sunday and explained to them what had happened and asked if their customer would be will to move just 2 doors down. She was waiting for the travel agency to get back to her. So, she said don't give up, there is still a chance. She did say that a room had opened up 2 doors down from us and she had quick grabbed it for us just in case. So, at that point the move would only be 2 doors away.

This is getting to be a long story, but anyway, On Monday afternoon, she called again and told me that she talked to the people that had booked my room, and they agreed to move down the hall. We had our room back.

I am so happy with her. She didn't have to do all this for me on her days off, but she did. Everyone complains about the customer service they get from Carnival, but I sure have not found that to be true.

I couldn't be more pleased with them.

Claudia

Good Job, it's all in how you approach them. I have found if you are nice they are more than willing to help you out.

I agree with you 100 percent. I worked with the public for many years and had to deal with more than my share of complaints. I think I always tried harder to solve the problem if the person was nice to me.

Claudia

We have b2b2b in February and we will now check our rooms also. Never even occurred to me that they could do it ..I know it probably does not happen often but since hubby goes on every day to check for price drops ( we have had 2 already ) we will also look at the room number. Thanks for letting us know.

We have b2b2b in February and we will now check our rooms also. Never even occurred to me that they could do it ..I know it probably does not happen often but since hubby goes on every day to check for price drops ( we have had 2 already ) we will also look at the room number. Thanks for letting us know.

Good idea to check. I never thought of doing it either. We have taken 9 carnival cruises, and this has never happened before. In our case, it happened when we applied for a price drop. I think that is how it happened with the lady whose thread I read also. I know I will keep checking. I doubt we will get any more price drops, since all that class of rooms has been all sold out for awhile.

Enjoy your b2b2b. Would love to do that after retirement.

Claudia

Very glad they were able to work this out for you....have a great cruise!!

I really hope Carnival is looking at their system, clearly something is wrong as I have read a few stories of rooms being changed when someone applied for a price drop. The other common thread is I recall two of them were Back to backs.

Very glad they were able to work this out for you....have a great cruise!!

I really hope Carnival is looking at their system, clearly something is wrong as I have read a few stories of rooms being changed when someone applied for a price drop. The other common thread is I recall two of them were Back to backs.

Yes, it is indeed a problem for Carnival. Anyone who has a specific room booked, and wants that room only, should check after they get a price drop. I never thought of doing it, and by the time I did check, the other person had our room for 6 months. I will be checking often now, that is for sure.

Claudia

Good idea to check. I never thought of doing it either. We have taken 9 carnival cruises, and this has never happened before. In our case, it happened when we applied for a price drop. I think that is how it happened with the lady whose thread I read also. I know I will keep checking. I doubt we will get any more price drops, since all that class of rooms has been all sold out for awhile.

Enjoy your b2b2b. Would love to do that after retirement.

Claudia

Well this is our retirement cruise lol .... 2 weeks on conquest and then run down the dock and jump on ncl star for the panama to L A ....

Well this is our retirement cruise lol .... 2 weeks on conquest and then run down the dock and jump on ncl star for the panama to L A ....

Wow, sounds wonderful. We are also looking at doing a Panama Canal cruise too. My husband can retire in 3 years. Sounds like you are doing it right. Have fun.

Claudia

Unfortunately they didn't upgrade us to a suite like I was hoping. :p We still have the same room for both legs of our B2B... but if they choose to change one of those to a complimentary suite upgrade, I'll happily pack up on turnaround day! :D

Glad to hear it all worked out for the OP and carnival worked hard to make it right. We've always had really good experiences with our PVP and the general Carnival line. :)

Celine

Archived