Cupcake Classes - Questions

bryanjaync

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if you're interested, but we also did a Pasta making class. The class was $15 and was taught by the Head Chef and the Head Sous Chef. In addition to the demonstration, a three course lunch was included as well as a tour of the Galley... well worth it.

Is that offered on FOS? That sounds like something I would enjoy doing..

• 4 months later...

Do it -- sign them up! Yes, you can book ahead of time via the MyCruises. I find signing up early great as you get a better chance of getting the date/time you want.

I did it on the Liberty and had a blast. Here's a pic of my not so great looking puppy.

313n90i.jpg

My son would love to do the cupcake decorating class..he's 9. But he has a nut allergy...does anyone know if the monkey cupcakes have nut or nut products in them? Thanks so much!!

I hope he can do it -- he'll have so much fun. (the recipe in the book doesn't have any, I've only done the puppy so don't know if they use them on board or what cupcake batter is used.)

I booked my three kids to do this on our upcoming Allure cruise, they will be 16,14, and 11. I put them in the kids class, but it sounds like the two teens should be in the adult class. Any thoughts where the 11 year old would fit?

On our Allure cruise last November, I had registered three in our group (ages, 14, 14, and 10) in a youth class. When we boarded, and I stopped by the Cupcake Cupboard, I was told the youth class was for children under 12. I wound up moving all three of them to the adult class.

My daughter also did a youth class when she was 12. There were a lot of 5-7 year olds in the class with her, and she preferred the adult class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Would a 10 yr old be a better fit for the child or adult class? Are there pretty significant differences in the cupcakes that they decorate?

The youth class decorated two cupcakes. Fairly simple. The adult class decorated one. It was a bit more involved. The youth class was also a bit shorter. At least that was our experience.

I took our 5 year old grandson to the children's class on Freedom. They were given one cupcake to decorate (monkey) and I did help him some as he got kind of bored towards the end. You only pay for the child.

I would think it would depend on the 10 year old. I can see how the children's class might be too easy for some but just right for others. There were several girls in Ben's class that looked as if they might be close to 10, most of the other children were probably 4 to 7.

Sherri:)

On our Allure cruise last November, I had registered three in our group (ages, 14, 14, and 10) in a youth class. When we boarded, and I stopped by the Cupcake Cupboard, I was told the youth class was for children under 12. I wound up moving all three of them to the adult class.

My daughter also did a youth class when she was 12. There were a lot of 5-7 year olds in the class with her, and she preferred the adult class.

Thank you, think I will move all of them to the adult class.