From Miami Airport to Port, where can I buy wine?

chanpion13

Hi. I am completely a newbie in Florida that will need to go from the airport to the port on our cruise ship out of Port of Miami.

We aren't bringing any checked luggage so we have to bring our one bottle wine per Carnival guest by buying it somewhere from the airport to the port.

Is there a place I can buy cheap wine around 1:30 PM? Does Walmart near the airport sell wine? Any tips, thanks.

Hi. I am completely a newbie in Florida that will need to go from the airport to the port on our cruise ship out of Port of Miami.

We aren't bringing any checked luggage so we have to bring our one bottle wine per Carnival guest by buying it somewhere from the airport to the port.

Is there a place I can buy cheap wine around 1:30 PM? Does Walmart near the airport sell wine? Any tips, thanks.

Walmart does sell wine in Florida, as does Target, and grocery stores.

Your best bet is to let your cab driver know that you need to make a stop; he will know a good place for a quick wine stop. Publix grocery stores have a good selection of wine, and most CVS drug stores have a limited selection.

By making a stop you are off the flat rate fare of $24 and onto the meter, so shop fast. If your flight is late skip the wine -- most cruise lines require that you check in by 2:30 or so or they will not allow you to board. :eek:

Wow these replies are actually super helpful. I also did not know it was a flat rate to go to the port. This is really useful too.

The flat rate is from MIA to POM or POM to MIA - $24+tip for the cab (not per person); if you stop anywhere along the way (like CVS for cheap wine) you are on the meter.

Good luck! :)

• 2 months later...
Hello, just curious if its still the flat rate for a van taxi or something that would fit five people and all their luggage. Thanks!:)

Flat rate from Miami Airport to Port Of Miami and in reverse regardless of number of people and amount of luggage as long as it can be safely fit in the cab. Five people would need a van.

Keith