New Level between D+ & Pinnacle

nelblu

Well really?? what else do you need to have washed while on a cruise????

You certainly will not want your fine clothes cleaned...while on a cruise.

Foldable clothing and underwear..............is just fine:rolleyes:

Some folk are just never happy no matter what perk they get

Boy, did you read my post wrong!! :eek: When you said "Laundry is free for D+, well you can fill a bag. The bag holds a lot of clothes" to some they might read it as "anything" could be put in the bag. I was not complaining but providing the information on what can be included in a Wash & Fold Bag.

We do long cruises which are usually b2bs so I do send items to the laundry that can not be put in the special bag.

Boy, did you read my post wrong!! :eek: When you said "Laundry is free for D+, well you can fill a bag. The bag holds a lot of clothes" to some they might read it as "anything" could be put in the bag. I was not complaining but providing the information on what can be included in a Wash & Fold Bag.

We do long cruises which are usually b2bs so I do send items to the laundry that can not be put in the special bag.

Plus I think their cleaning of suits and gowns is high quality and reasonably priced.

I never cease to be amazed that a person hearing something[rumor at best] from a REP. can start a major line of discussion. I find it interesting that the perpetual naysayers immediately conjour up a worst case scenario of lost perks and status. Then other posters start with hypothetical situations to illustrate their points and before long there are tangential discussions about something that is totally made up in the first place.:confused:

Anyone who has read the C&A program knows what is available at what point level. Between 175 and 699 there are things that kick in at 350 and others that happen between 350 and 700. If RCCL decides to call it a level so be it. Until they do "don't worry, be happy!"

I never cease to be amazed that a person hearing something[rumor at best] from a REP. can start a major line of discussion. I find it interesting that the perpetual naysayers immediately conjour up a worst case scenario of lost perks and status. Then other posters start with hypothetical situations to illustrate their points and before long there are tangential discussions about something that is totally made up in the first place.:confused:

Anyone who has read the C&A program knows what is available at what point level. Between 175 and 699 there are things that kick in at 350 and others that happen between 350 and 700. If RCCL decides to call it a level so be it. Until they do "don't worry, be happy!"

Don't worry, be happy works for me right now.

Can we agree that this meandering discussion is more interesting than the smoking threads?

I just don't understand why some D+ are getting their undies in such a twist because they may have to use the "other" lounge. Both lounges offer the same amenities and there are some Diamond Lounges that are larger and have a better view.

Because they have to have so something to complain about. If RCI changes the program then so be it. Not a big deal but it will be fun to watch some on this board stomp their feet. :D

I never cease to be amazed that a person hearing something[rumor at best] from a REP. can start a major line of discussion. I find it interesting that the perpetual naysayers immediately conjour up a worst case scenario of lost perks and status.

Yes, I'm also amused at how these major threads can get started on info of dubious value.

Yet, at the same time, many of us that have experienced CL overcrowding, and especially, Elite lounge overcrowding on X, on certain itineraries are sensing that something has to give soon and thus are quick to comment when a thread starts.

If no one was seeing any problems, there would be no interest here.

Yes, I'm also amused at how these major threads can get started on info of dubious value.

Yet, at the same time, many of us that have experienced CL overcrowding, and especially, Elite lounge overcrowding on X, on certain itineraries are sensing that something has to give soon and thus are quick to comment when a thread starts.

If no one was seeing any problems, there would be no interest here.

I have had a lot of fun on cruises (like TA) with lots of CL and/or DL eligible guests. Granted, large overflow lounges are needed, but I enjoyed it greatly. Lots of free drinks were provided, but the cruiselines buy in bulk at good prices, one would think. and presumably the know how to price the cruises accordingly.

I have had a lot of fun on cruises (like TA) with lots of CL and/or DL eligible guests. Granted, large overflow lounges are needed, but I enjoyed it greatly. Lots of free drinks were provided, but the cruiselines buy in bulk at good prices, one would think. and presumably the know how to price the cruises accordingly.

I think that the interactions in the CL are a great part of the trip. In general, you meet a lot of experienced cruisers that share a similar vacation interest. The change in venue of the CL to the larger spaces on the Viking Crown level are a big plus. The addition of DL on ships I think is indicative of the direction things are headed. We are doing a repositioning cruise on Vision next year and she goes into dry dock at the end of the month for a months worth of refitting. Among the changes are both a CL and a DL! Do you think that they are adding two venues because they want to decrease benefits? There is a finite number of suite guests and there are no more suites after the refit. Bottom line to me is that things are inclusive not exclusive.

I am all smiles.

Five more work days.

We will enjoy the CL this time, and hopefully in years to come.

Oh five more work days!!! Oh how nice!

Yes youre going love the CL!

For me.....70 days till ALLURE !!!!!!!!!!!!WAHOOO!

And that wonderful Oasis Class CL .......Only two so special in the entire fleet!!!

Oh five more work days!!! Oh how nice!

Yes youre going love the CL!

For me.....70 days till ALLURE !!!!!!!!!!!!WAHOOO!

And that wonderful Oasis Class CL .......Only two so special in the entire fleet!!!

Now I only have 3.25 work days left:D

I hope your 70 days pass quickly.

Now back to work, well maybe.

LIKE:D

I am not sure what another level would bring either, except for another lapel pin:) and removing some of the perks for D+ I would guess.

Why would they have to remove some of the perks for D+? There are already added perks at 340, 350 and 525 points that those with less than 340 points don't get. Just give the level a name for a little added recognition. There is a lot of cruising that has happened between 175 and 699 points;)

Not sure about that, because of some of the over crowding I have read about in the CL, I can see them making that one of the perks for a new level.

Seeing how most ships have a DL now to take care of D's and D+'s. they would just have do find something special to add to the D+ group so they feel they are special while onboard.

I have read on this board of times that the CL was so full that the suite guests could not even make it in. I think that was one of the reasons that they stopped D's from going in and with all the people that have been making D+ between double suite points and the old diamond in December specials they most likely have a lot of D+ people out there who consider the CL as the best perk on the list.

While we are D+ I am kind of waiting for them to do something like this just so I can have fun reading about it on CC. It might even make the smoking pages go away for a few days.:eek:

if it happens, I'll try to post something outrageous just for your amusement.;)

Not sure about that, because of some of the over crowding I have read about in the CL, I can see them making that one of the perks for a new level.

Seeing how most ships have a DL now to take care of D's and D+'s. they would just have do find something special to add to the D+ group so they feel they are special while onboard.

I have read on this board of times that the CL was so full that the suite guests could not even make it in. I think that was one of the reasons that they stopped D's from going in and with all the people that have been making D+ between double suite points and the old diamond in December specials they most likely have a lot of D+ people out there who consider the CL as the best perk on the list.

While we are D+ I am kind of waiting for them to do something like this just so I can have fun reading about it on CC. It might even make the smoking pages go away for a few days.:eek:

Once there are Diamond Clubs on all ships, I do think it's a possibility that the D and D+ will be in Diamond Club while Pinnacle Club (and new level?) will be in the Concierge Club with Suite guests. I wouldn't have a problem with that as quite a few Diamond Clubs have a better view and I enjoy more than the CL. Now going back to a nightly Diamond Event would be a whole another story:eek:

When I first started cruising RCI, there was Gold, Platinum, and Diamond.

When I made Platinum I felt good because I was 1/2 way to the "elite" tier. Then they added Diamond Plus. A few cruises after that and a few cruises from Diamond they added Emerald and Pinnacle. The Pinnacle I understood. The Emerald seemed like a RCI "greedy" tier. A "basket" and 2-3 additional cruises to make Diamond. I was fine with it...I got to Emerald quicker than I would Diamond, but I still have 3-4 cruises to get to Diamond.

For some reason, I see the new level just being official named for that "unnamed" tier. There are benefits with it already. I hope they just formally name it and do not remove from the D's or D+'s.

Who knows...I probably will never make D+ anyway, and probably quite a ways off for Diamond. By the time I make it will only be a Diamond Event additional from Emerald. It just gives me more reason to continue to do as I have done and explore other lines vs. trying for status. If I get there, I do and I'll enjoy the benefits. If not, I'll have the satisfaction of a myriad of different cruise experiences.

Once there are Diamond Clubs on all ships, I do think it's a possibility that the D and D+ will be in Diamond Club while Pinnacle Club (and new level?) will be in the Concierge Club with Suite guests. I wouldn't have a problem with that as quite a few Diamond Clubs have a better view and I enjoy more than the CL. Now going back to a nightly Diamond Event would be a whole another story:eek:

wow, i said this about 9 months ago and everyone said i was talking out of my back side. now folks are seeing the light and are starting to believe it. wow, i hate to say it but---------"I told you so"

Archived