How I could get an aft wrap balcony cabin?

Capitan Morgan

Ok guys i am confused a little. I did a mock booking for next year in September choosing an early saver rate, which says that I can choose my stateroom, but when I get to the level where i could choose the cabin i saw that only four aft cabins were available and none of those was a wrap around. I tried with the other fares and they were showing me the same cabins available. So somebody explain please how they got those cabins please!

P.S the ship I was looking was the Valor

We always wanted to try an Aft Wrap cabin also. On our last cruise we had the opportunity to go inside of one.

NOTE: This was on the Legend and that particular cabin is the only room I am basing my opinion on.

I did not like it! The cabin, on the inside, was very chopped up in my opinion. We saw it during a 'poker run' get together. It was a host room. It did not flow well. It possibly would be OK for 2 people, but when there were over 6 in the room at the same time you were juggling for position when trying to move about.

We were also a host room. We had a last minute call from Carnival on that cruise to upgrade to either a suite or a jr suite (from a ext balcony room). We had been in suites before and really did not feel they justified the price. The upgrade they offered on the jr suite was very reasonable and we took it, due to location. (By the way, we like being as far aft as possible.) It was room 4235. It is a GREAT room. Huge and open!

I can tell you, everyone from the poker run wanted to know what kind of room it was. We had many people tell us (when we ran into them later) that it was the best room they had ever been in.

We liked it so much, that we booked it for a transatlantic cruise that we leave on later this month. We also plan on doing the cruise to Australia next year on the Legend. We are waiting till our return from this cruise to book the room. We want to see if we think we can get by with just an ext balcony on that cruise, due to the big price difference.

I am sure all ships that are the same class as the Legend have 2 of those rooms. (There are only 2 like it on the Legend.) Take a look at them if you can't get a aft wrap. You will not be disappointed!

If you can't get the aft wrap - try for the aft-extended right next to them. The rooms are regular but the those two balconies (on 8-9th floors) are 1/3 larger than those in between. We had a wrap and then tried one of those last year. Would take those every time. The balcony could hold 4 chairs and 2 tables - it was great and not as expensive as the wrap. Also - I believe you could put 3 people in there since they have a sofa. Check them out!!!

Just did it again, but for 3,all $ categories, not available! Call Carnival or a TA.

Edit: posted this before I saw your response above. Are you a party of 3 then?

We are possibly a party of three if we can find somebody to take care the two little cats my son owns! That is the reason i didn't book yet! What happen if I book for three with a early saver and then cancel for one, if cannot make it?

I'm not sure how long of a cruise you are wanting to take but for cats - they do make automatic feeders and water fountain with large reservoir. The cats could stay alone and perhaps just have someone stop by once to check on them. Or check with the Vet - they often will offer boarding at decent rates.

We are possibly a party of three if we can find somebody to take care the two little cats my son owns! That is the reason i didn't book yet! What happen if I book for three with a early saver and then cancel for one, if cannot make it?

Captain Morgan, we booked a grand suite 2 years back for our family of four. Well our son could not make it just 2 weeks before we cruised and we called carnival they refunded most of his ticket and we had not even bought the insurance. By the way we were all ready paid in full at the time. The three of us went and loved the suite. Last year we booked a grand suite with extended balcony, it was even better. I have already booked a premium vista balcony for our next cruise in June. Good luck with your booking, I hope this helps make your choice easier.

Archived