Carnival Vista Expected to enter service on...

CarnivalBreeze319

The Carnival Vista is expected to enter service in February 2016. However this may change. For those of you looking for a source, I have one for you. Yippee :)

file:///home/chronos/user/Downloads/CarnivalCorporationplc_10K_20130129.pdf

Yup. That's winter, as they announced months ago.

Your link however, is as broken as your source.

Edited by Tithonus

Interesting read on page 15 about Asia.

I asked somebody on the Carnival management team if they we going to a player in the Asian market. The response was an emphatic no. I think what you mention reference to is the corporation. Princess and P&O have big plans in what will be the big hotbed.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my iPad

Interesting. I would expect them to tap into the Asia market in 2015, but that is just an assumption

I agree, that would have been my guess. I think in Carnival land (not corp) they are still reeling and waiting to see how things settle down.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I have been looking around to see if Vista will begin early or late Winter of 2016. Could be December or hopefully Jan/Feb. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks.

They usually try to bring out in spring, then summer cruise in the Med and Ta Sept/Oct..Dennis

I have been looking around to see if Vista will begin early or late Winter of 2016. Could be December or hopefully Jan/Feb. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks.

According to the latest 10-K, Vista is scheduled for 4/2016.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-reportsother2

Go to 1/29/2014, page 18.

According to the latest 10-K, Vista is scheduled for 4/2016.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-reportsother2

Go to 1/29/2014, page 18.

Thanks for the reference Doug! I noticed that the previous year's report had the "new ship" being delivered Feb 2016. So, it now has a name and has moved back 2 months. Let's see when other ships built by Fincantieri have launched in the recent past:

Freedom's maiden voyage was Mar 5, 2007

Splendor entered service Jul 2, 2008

Dream as launched Oct. 24, 2008 (that seems really late in the season)

Magic debuted May 1, 2011 (more in line with doing the Med for the inaugural season)

Breeze entered service Jun 3, 2012

The wording is different for each ship, but that was the way it was documented on wikipedia.

So, with a release date that is almost 2 years out, I would not be surprised to see it slip a few more months. John

Any one know which port it will first sail out of? We have never done an inaungeral cruise but are thinking of doing the Vista.

Carnival is not saying anything about their plans and John Heald indicated it would next year before the Beards would allow him to give info about the Vista.

But, the ship is being contructed at Fincantieri shipyard, near Venice. So, we can only make assumptions about the inaugural cruise. John

Anyone have any more news on when it will be ready to sail ?

I was told on the Sunshine TA that it would be November 2016.

According to their quarterly reports (which are not perfect) it is closer to April.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

According to their quarterly reports (which are not perfect) it is closer to April.

And, hopefully they will open up by sailing to the Med! I'd love to do a Med cruise during that summer for our 30th! I already have one booked on Celebrity but I imagine that Carnival will be cheaper. We were on the 5th sailing of the Magic to the Med and it was awesome!

And, hopefully they will open up by sailing to the Med! I'd love to do a Med cruise during that summer for our 30th! I already have one booked on Celebrity but I imagine that Carnival will be cheaper. We were on the 5th sailing of the Magic to the Med and it was awesome!

Waiting on that as well. Would love to sail Carnival in the med in 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...