New Platinum perk/laundry ?s

Almost Packed

I'm curious about how the laundry works when you are platinum.

Do I call my steward and ask him for a laundry bag or is it presented at the beginning of the cruise?

Do the clothes come back folded? Pressed? Hanging?

Is there a certain day only or can I request it any day of the cruise?

Details please lol....:p

I'll become platinum in November. We'll be spending a few days post and I wanted to make sure I had some clean clothes. I'm aware about the hot water and the issues with the actual washing of the clothes. I just don't know the procedures.

Thanks in advance.

Just off the breeze this morning and used the plat laundry...left bag by bed with list of contents form that ie in the desk drawer...steward took it and it was returned later...worst folding EVER. it was folder better while dirty in the bag. Returned in paper bags and certainly not pressed. LOVED...LOVED...LOVED the Breeze. Laundry was disappointing. Did request Tervis cup and received it. Service all around was perfect. Ship was amazing. Too much info but there you have it. :)

The bag will be in the desk drawer or in the closet, sometimes hanging on a hangar with "pants" clips. You complete the form being specific as to what you put in it. Put the list, all copies, in the bag. You don't keep a copy, so you might want to make your own list. Leave it outside the door or if the steward hasn't come yet, leave for him/her to send. Mine comes back folded very nicely and very clean about 7:30pm.

You WILL see a charge on your S&S account and then another with a deduction for the amount charged.

Folks say folding items gives you the most space in the bag.

You WILL see a charge on your S&S account and then another with a deduction for the amount charged

NOT ALWAYS! Did two bags on the Triumph last week and neither charge ever showed up on my S&S.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Forums mobile app

For it to come back same day, most stewards want it left out by 9am or so. If you wait until later, be prepared it might not come back until the next day.

Laundry service has worked great for us for the most part. Haven't had the issues with folding. Items aren't pressed (not part of the service) but have been fairly neatly folded. Do check heavier items like jeans or thick polo shirts for dampness around the collars or waistband. We have had to hang a couple items up to finish drying. Not really much different than your dryer at home really. We've occasionally had to ask for a new laundry bag since the steward will sometimes forget to replace it. My DH rolls everything and puts it in the bag. He can stuff so much in there that it often comes back in three bags.

On the Pride, everything came back folded in little wire baskets they left on the bed but haven't seen that on any other ships. It usually comes back in the paper laundry bags.

Oh... one other thought.... if you tend to nap late afternoon and put the "do not disturb" sign out that's often when laundry is delivered so you may miss the delivery. If so, the steward usually will deliver it at turndown instead.

At one point they were asking if there were two Platinum cruisers in the same cabin that the folio number of just one person be placed on the 1st 3 bags then the folio of the other person be put on the next 3 bags. It made it easier for them to keep track of the free bags.

And on a couple of my cruises this year, early in the week there was a $45 OBC that appeared on my account? I went to question it and they said it was for the laundry and if I didn't use the credit for laundry it would be deducted at the end of the cruise.

One lady was at guest services because she didn't question the OBC and had spent that money in the gift shop but it didn't charge against her OBC....she was furious because she hadn't wanted any charges to appear on her final bill..........all they said was sorry...........

We rarely send anything out on our 7 day cruises even though we may do a load of laundry ourselves. The ship laundry is just too harsh for most of my cloths, so at most I'll send jeans and denim shorts.

My recent experiences in July and August this year, is the room stewards left 3 bags and 3 forms in the room, for use anytime you wished. When they were used, the charge and credit were both posted. There was no advance "credit".

They came back folded just fine in 2 bags, left on the bed. (I really packed the single bag :) )

I'm curious about how the laundry works when you are platinum.

Do I call my steward and ask him for a laundry bag or is it presented at the beginning of the cruise?

Do the clothes come back folded? Pressed? Hanging?

Is there a certain day only or can I request it any day of the cruise?

Details please lol....:p

I'll become platinum in November. We'll be spending a few days post and I wanted to make sure I had some clean clothes. I'm aware about the hot water and the issues with the actual washing of the clothes. I just don't know the procedures.

Thanks in advance.

I love the laundry perk.

We found a paper laundry bag and a laundry slip in one of the drawers. I put all of the laundry we wanted washed on the bed and filled out the slip based on the items. At the top there is a grey area for Folio # and a place to check, "same day." (I called Guest Services on our first Platinum cruise and was told we could check that.) I then rolled each article into a very tight log. Holding the bag open on the floor, I put in a layer of "logs" vertically, then a layer horizontally. I kept putting them in carefully and saved socks and undies till the end. Then I wormed those in between the logs, into the bottom corners, and all around. I was able to fit 27 articles of clothing, like men's shorts and t-shirts, my nightgowns, basically all adult clothing, into that one bag. My DH said there was no way they would all fit. "Challenge accepted!" After worming the three-part slip into the bag, I left it on the bed for our room steward. We received three bags of folded laundry back later that afternoon. My S&S account was charged $15, then credited $15.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

stargate fan, that is a good laundry tutorial.

I take a picture of my stuff too.

I learned when my mom was in rehab and some of her stuff went missing that it is good to have a photo.

I don't usually send any, but it is good to know that I can.

I did do a load myself that I did not want to go in the dryer.

(Sunscreen explosion. I guess my luggage was under some heavy bags.I wanted to make sure the stains came out before the stuff went in a dryer. The stains did not come out and I think that insurance will pay for the stuff. I should have filled out an incident report on the ship, just fyi.

I wish they would give me some self laundry tokens as I am super picky about laundry, but whatever.

Archived