Splendor - aft extended balcony

pbfp2008

Just cancelled a cruise on the Norweigen Breakaway and booked one on the Splendor. First time on an aft balcony (#7xxx.) Tell me what I can expect...is it better than a normal port/starboard balcony? Noise issues? Anything I can share that will make my wife comfortable with the location....thanks.

Just cancelled a cruise on the Norweigen Breakaway and booked one on the Splendor. First time on an aft balcony (#7xxx.) Tell me what I can expect...is it better than a normal port/starboard balcony? Noise issues? Anything I can share that will make my wife comfortable with the location....thanks.
I too have the same category and deck on the Splendor and from what I read we'll both be happy with cabins above and below the noise should be minimum and the sites and sounds of the aft are awesome!:D

I have been on an aft balcony on three Carnival Ships... all the same class as the Splendor... they are great... the balcony is wider than the standard balcony... the room is the same size... but what I liked best about the aft balcony is the direction of the bed... you get "gently rocked" to sleep everynight, and when docking and leaving the ports, you get amazing views. Suggestion, watch a sunset from your balcony, it is worth it...

We have had 9 aft balconies, one on the Splendor. Loved them all. It is much quieter in the hallways at the back of the ship. The view is fantastic. You won't have the wind like you do on the side. We have never had trouble with the soot. The best part for me is standing there as you leave port.

I think your wife will love it.

Claudia

Thanks for all the replies. Looking into it a little further, it seems the room we booked has a chair and not a love seat. I believe the room right next to it has a love seat though. Wondering if I should just call back and switch cabins.....not sure why the difference. Getting excited though.

Why did you cancel the Breakaway cruise? I just got off of her in August and it was absolutely excellent! Better food (and more variety) than Carnival, better entertainment, and the spa was wonderful (as was my balcony).

Not trying to say that Carnival is bad, but having been on both ships, I'd go for the Breakaway. Bermuda is also far superior to the Bahamas (cleaner, nicer people, gorgeous beaches, easier to get around, etc.).

MY DH and I just cancelled our booking on the Breakaway as well. Our sail date was 10.26.14. We also booked an AFT extended balacony on the same deck for a sail date of 10.16.14. First time in this type of cabin, very excited!

What cabin are you in?

We had 7446 and 7444 back in 2009.

7446 and 7455 are a good 8 inches narrower than other cabins. (yes, I measured) So narrow that our shoulders touched the hallway between the bathroom and closet. The first closet is turned sideways so that the hangers are stacked front-to-back not side-to-side like a regular closet. These two cabins are narrower because of the ship's framework.

The other problem we had was the noise from the disco was extremely loud til about 3am. Didn't bother me too much as I like music when I go to sleep. It's quite possible that the soundproofing is better now.

We liked the cabin location (we like aft cabins) as it made no difference which hall we went down. Didn't feel any vibrations at all until we returned to Long Beach, then it woke me up. The vibrations must have been strong because I sleep thru earthquakes. I find the azipod ships vibrate a bit more than regular prop ships.

What cabin are you in?

7446 and 7455 are a good 8 inches narrower than other cabins. (yes, I measured) So narrow that our shoulders touched the hallway between the bathroom and closet. The first closet is turned sideways so that the hangers are stacked front-to-back not side-to-side like a regular closet. These two cabins are narrower because of the ship's framework.

The other problem we had was the noise from the disco was extremely loud til about 3am. Didn't bother me too much as I like music when I go to sleep. It's quite possible that the soundproofing is better now.

We liked the cabin location (we like aft cabins) as it made no difference which hall we went down. Didn't feel any vibrations at all until we returned to Long Beach, then it woke me up. The vibrations must have been strong because I sleep thru earthquakes. I find the azipod ships vibrate a bit more than regular prop ships.

Isn't the disco on deck 5 and closer to the elevators then the aft?:confused: I would think deck 6 would pickup more of the noise but will find out next month!;)

What cabin are you in?

We booked 7440..this is our first Aft cabin, so I am not sure how I will like it. I hear that people either love them or hate them, so we will see. :)

We booked 7440..this is our first Aft cabin, so I am not sure how I will like it. I hear that people either love them or hate them, so we will see. :)

I will be in this room in 6 days...I will take some pics and post when I leave port for you OP. You will be able to see EXACTLY what you are getting:D

The aft extended balconies are large enough for lounger chairs. Just be aware it can get very hot back there because there's no wind.

BTW Breakaway was an absolutely awesome ship! I don't pass up a chance to sail something brand new going out of NY or NJ.

Enjoy!

This was the exact cabin we put a hold on but realized that it didn't have a sofa and coffee table. I think it has a desk and chair. We switched to the one next to it. Not sure if the room is smaller but it doesn't have a sofa, just so you know.

This was the exact cabin we put a hold on but realized that it didn't have a sofa and coffee table. I think it has a desk and chair. We switched to the one next to it. Not sure if the room is smaller but it doesn't have a sofa, just so you know.

We actually changed cabins last night because we decided we wanted a couch :)

Archived