Which night for Formal Night - Southern?

phabric

I am on the same cruise itinerary in November. There is no guarentee, but my assuption is that formal nights will be Monday (sea day) and Thursday (sea day). It is highly unusual to have a formal night the first or last night (I have never heard of a case on a 7 day cruise) and they also avoid days in port if a sea day is available.

I am on the same trip and I thought maybe Formal night would be on New Years Eve but we are in port that day.

They could switch the nights - I believe it is at the Captains discretion. Which port are you in on New Years? If it is Curacao, then probably not since the ship leaves very late from that port (although anything is possible). If it is Aruba, then they may switch it to New Years eve.

The odds of a formal night coinciding with a 2 PM-11 PM port call are miniscule, even if it is New Year's Eve. Very likely there will not even be fixed seating dinner that night, just anytime dining for all. A late evening port call on a holiday comes with the expectation you will be entertaining yourself off the ship; I'm sure there will be a countdown and dancing in the Piazza at midnight but maybe not much else. Skywalker's will likely be only somewhat active due to the early port call the next morning. The second formal night could be moved up a day to New Year's night, however. If you booked this cruise with the hope of extravagant parties onboard without taking note of the exact itinerary (port calls on both 12/31 and 1/01) you may be disappointed.

Archived