Good cheap drinking spot in Nassau?

LounVal

Well this is probably a complete opposite response than most....we drink beer also...and on all 7 trips to Nassau ...we walk to the street one street behind the main one....lots of shops back there...and you can walk in and buy a beer .... really cheap...a couple of dollars...they put it in a brown paper bag and we walk around and drink it and then go back for another.....I am going back to Nassau on the 16th.....my husband died of a massive heart attack (no sickness at all before then) he had it on September 9th and died on the 10th.......and my plans include having at least a beer for me and one for him when we are in Nassau.

Well this is probably a complete opposite response than most....we drink beer also...and on all 7 trips to Nassau ...we walk to the street one street behind the main one....lots of shops back there...and you can walk in and buy a beer .... really cheap...a couple of dollars...they put it in a brown paper bag and we walk around and drink it and then go back for another.....I am going back to Nassau on the 16th.....my husband died of a massive heart attack (no sickness at all before then) he had it on September 9th and died on the 10th.......and my plans include having at least a beer for me and one for him when we are in Nassau.

I usually grab a beer that way for walking around too :)

I'm very sorry about your husband. My brother died two years ago (age 44) of a massive stroke, I understand the suddenness of it all. I wish you much peace as you embark on that cruise.

I was just in Nassau yesterday. The Casablanca's beer prices are $5.00 for American beers & 3 for $10.00 for local beers.

Can you give me directions like a 5 year old to Casablanca?

I'm pretty familiar with the port area.

Thanks so much!

is it the place on the left where all the stools are outside? and the only "inside" is the refrigerator room?

Edited by Bibble

Can you give me directions like a 5 year old to Casablanca?

I'm pretty familiar with the port area.

Thanks so much!

is it the place on the left where all the stools are outside? and the only "inside" is the refrigerator room?

It is just past the straw market, before Senior Frogs. It has a blue awning with stools and a small room where she gets the drinks.

It is just past the straw market, before Senior Frogs. It has a blue awning with stools and a small room where she gets the drinks.

Thank you!

It seems it's the same place I was thinking. But everyone made it sound like it was inside, so I got confused.

thanks again!

We will be in Nassau on the 13th on the Splendor . . . we will have a beer to honor your husband!

We will be in Nassau on the 13th on the Splendor . . . we will have a beer to honor your husband!

That is nice! I will be there on the 19th and I will have one for him also :)

Edited by GAMOM4

That is nice! I will be there on the 19th and I will have one for him also :)

I forgot to mention I did too!

In Nassau I realized I forgot to bring some of my brother's ashes (then remembered mom brought him in September), so then I remembered to have a drink for your husband.

I hope he's having a blast watching people he doesn't even know having drinks & walking around Nassau in his honor. :)

I forgot to mention I did too!

In Nassau I realized I forgot to bring some of my brother's ashes (then remembered mom brought him in September), so then I remembered to have a drink for your husband.

I hope he's having a blast watching people he doesn't even know having drinks & walking around Nassau in his honor. :)

Thank you so much!!!! I am sure he is looking down and smiling...he was such a quiet person.......I so wish he could have at least lived to have went on this cruise in 10 days....but I know without a doubt in my mind that he would want me to go .... (he just never thought I would go without him.....and I really won't be...I am sure every time I look at the ocean I will feel him there with me)

Thank you so much!!!! I am sure he is looking down and smiling...he was such a quiet person.......I so wish he could have at least lived to have went on this cruise in 10 days....but I know without a doubt in my mind that he would want me to go .... (he just never thought I would go without him.....and I really won't be...I am sure every time I look at the ocean I will feel him there with me)

He definitely wants you to go, I'm sure of it.

My brother died in October (2011) and my parents, husband and daughter and I went on a Thanksgiving cruise the very next month (it was already planned). Since we weren't sitting around our dining room table eating turkey & watching football, we pretended it wasn't a holiday. and we pretended like it was "just another day". But there were moments we would be reminded that it was indeed Thanksgiving, and that he should have been there with us. But then we'd laugh and say (as a costumed turkey and pilgrim came around taking pictures with everyone) that he's up there laughing at us and saying "HA! you think you'd ever have gotten me to take a picture with a turkey??" And we'd smile.

You will feel him with you, and you will have moments of sad. But then hopefully you'll have moments of remembering the good times and smile. I am guessing that as you buy that beer and put it in the paper bag, you're going to want to be sad and cry. Count to ten and smile up at him :)

Peace to you.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. We are going to Junkaroo Beach and Casablanca. Probably stop in a store and grab a beer for the road too. In any case, we will have a beer for all the good ones that left us too soon. We had a friend go out on the Breeze last month, he had a stoke and died in Jamaica. He was a great guy who loved to cruise and never had a bad word to say about any one. So we"ll have one for the ones no longer with us and one as thanks that we are still here!

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. We are going to Junkaroo Beach and Casablanca. Probably stop in a store and grab a beer for the road too. In any case, we will have a beer for all the good ones that left us too soon. We had a friend go out on the Breeze last month, he had a stoke and died in Jamaica. He was a great guy who loved to cruise and never had a bad word to say about any one. So we"ll have one for the ones no longer with us and one as thanks that we are still here!

Enjoy your B2B2B.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from our b2b2b and hands down The Binkini Tiki Bar at Junl=kanoo Beach was the place to go. We had a blast there! Byron was the bartender and he kept the place buzzing. We stopped by on each of our three stops in Nassau and really did have a good time without a lot out of pocket. It is 3 beers and 3 shots for $10.00 The beer is Sands, a Bahamian beer and very good. Worth the walk over from the ship.

If you go and Byron is working tell him Tom Hanks sent you!