Good cheap drinking spot in Nassau?

LounVal

Cheap places to drink in Nassau? What I'd really like to find is a decent drinking spot with good beer prices. Doesn't have to be a party bar franchise like Frog's just a safe place near the pier. Any ideas?

You could walk about 5-10 minutes over to the Tiki Bikini Bar on Junkanoo Beach. 4 local beers and 4 shots for $9.99. Just ask for all of your drinks to be served all at once, as they may forget. Nice bar to sit at and nice people running it. I was there with my daughter and her college roommates in March. I didn't have that drink special, but I did get a Miami Vice and have to say it was the best one I've ever had. EVER! Very safe area of Nassau (during the daytime anyway). The restrooms were nearby and were clean when we were there. And, that was during spring break. I felt perfectly fine walking back to shop and go back to the ship alone, while the girls stayed to enjoy more beach time.

I forgot to add that my daughter and her boyfriend went back in August (college graduation present from him) and were having such fun at the Tiki Bikini Bar that they ended up staying there all afternoon. At my urging, they also stopped in at the newly opened Fat Tuesday's (right next door) and said it's way overpriced compared to the Tiki Bikini.

You could walk about 5-10 minutes over to the Tiki Bikini Bar on Junkanoo Beach. 4 local beers and 4 shots for $9.99. Just ask for all of your drinks to be served all at once, as they may forget. Nice bar to sit at and nice people running it. I was there with my daughter and her college roommates in March. I didn't have that drink special, but I did get a Miami Vice and have to say it was the best one I've ever had. EVER! Very safe area of Nassau (during the daytime anyway). The restrooms were nearby and were clean when we were there. And, that was during spring break. I felt perfectly fine walking back to shop and go back to the ship alone, while the girls stayed to enjoy more beach time.

I have read some previous negative reviews concerning Junkanoo Beach. Did you like the beach and was the water clear? The bar sounds fun!

If you want cheap - There is a Supermarket just up the hill from the sea where people go to by the mixers for their rumrunners!;)

Oh we have our rum runners! We stock up with juice in the morning at breakfast. The guava juice(mix) is good with rum or vodka. And I will buy a few buckets on board, but I like to find a place in port where I can have a few beers and not pay $6-$8 a pop. We just got back from a Bermuda cruise. A 12oz Bud in a local bar was$7.50! Sometimes I 'll buy a soda card on board for my mixers too.

We were just in Nassau this month and we took the Jitney to the Fish Fry area (it might be faster to walk as we had to wait for the bus to fill up) and ate at Goldie's (walk around back and look at the conch graveyard). Then we went to Junkanoo Beach and had drinks at that shack (talked about above). It's actually 3 shots (poured into your mouth, no shot glasses) and 3 Sands beers for $10. This was absolutely the best part of our 4 night cruise. It's literally a shack right on the beach. Everyone was SUPER friendly!

You could also go to the Daiquiri Shack. They mix what ever type of fruit that you want in a blender, then a little juice and ice then they mix it and serve it with rum. To get there take the #10 Jitney bus, tell the driver that you want off at the Daq Shack. It cost $1.25 per person each way. I think the drink is $6.00.

We sailed Sensation last November, if you like, click on my Sensation review below, I have pics of Junkanoo, the beers, the conch, they do have more on the menu than just conch, conch is fresh though, they take it right out of the shell and cook it. Margarita's special are also awesome here, its about a 10 minute walk or so from the pier to your right. We also visited Senor Frog's, drinks are more expensive but we had a blast.

Happy Sailing,

I think Junkaroo sounds fun! We will be there 3 times next month as we are doing a b2b2b (3 day,4day,3day) to get our Carnival Platinum status by the end of the year. If we like it on our first visit we'll go back on our next two!

. . . . we also enjoyed a day trip on KRAZY KAT. Takes you for the day from downtown marinas to a mostly private island and beach. Food and drink is included in their fee along with snorkel equipment and beach volleyball.

Ended the day with an egg toss on the beach . . . after drinking all day that was FUNNY!!!!

Play tunes and dancing on the Kat all the way back to Nassau. Great Day and they give you some history of the mansions and deserted properties you pass along the way.

. . . . we also enjoyed a day trip on KRAZY KAT. Takes you for the day from downtown marinas to a mostly private island and beach. Food and drink is included in their fee along with snorkel equipment and beach volleyball.

Ended the day with an egg toss on the beach . . . after drinking all day that was FUNNY!!!!

Play tunes and dancing on the Kat all the way back to Nassau. Great Day and they give you some history of the mansions and deserted properties you pass along the way.

Who did you book it through? Cost?

Thanks for info!

I have read some previous negative reviews concerning Junkanoo Beach. Did you like the beach and was the water clear? The bar sounds fun!

Thanks for the info!