Icy Straight Point Whale Watching Tours

travln1234

Travln1234, I think I am one of your legs of your b2b on the Radiance, I did Misty Bay lodge last summer and am booking with them again with my hubby and 2 tweenage daughters. I have some pictures that were taken on the review I gave them last time around. We really enjoyed them and the boat was really comfortable with seating for 6 people, it did have a bathroom and he had underwater listening equipment.:)

Hi NEWLKAT :) I would absolutely LOVE to see the photos! Do you have them posted somewhere? I looked very strongly at Misty Bay Lodge. I booked with another company, but that was for my first leg of the trip. I haven't booked yet for the the second. Is the seating bench-like or was there a table and chairs? I haven't seen a picture of the interior of the boat yet and I know looking at other boats, it looks like the seats for 2 are pretty dinky. I don't want my 7 year old wandering around when the boat is moving. May I ask what time you signed up for? And how much it is and what the deposit was?

Thanks so much!

While I have never gone with any of the companies you have mentioned, I can say that I have gone with F.IS.H.E.S. 4 times and Glacier Wind 3 times ----- also have them both booked for 2014 --- we have NEVER been disappointed with either vendor. And yes, there is a restroom on board both boats.

Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos. I enjoyed them very much :D

Probably wise. I booked Teckk for a whale watch and was less than pleased. They seem to get a couple of unfavorable reviews here each year, though I don't recall one from this year. I have never seen a bad review for FISHES.

Trip Advisor also has some negative comments about Teckk.

We booked with Glacier Wind on our southbound July 2014 Alaskan whale watch on ROS via RCCL.:cool: Lots of great reviews and have been keeping in touch with Teresa (and Shawn), who updates me on this year's whale watch experiences!;) Can't wait to meet Cap'n Shawn and Teresa!:D

We booked with Glacier Wind on our southbound July 2014 Alaskan whale watch on ROS via RCCL.:cool: Lots of great reviews and have been keeping in touch with Teresa (and Shawn), who updates me on this year's whale watch experiences!;) Can't wait to meet Cap'n Shawn and Teresa!:D

We have gone with Glacier Wind a couple of times and enjoyed our experience. Shawn and Teresa are very nice people.

We are doing B2B next June and will be going with Glacier Wind again as well as a repeat visit with F.I.S.H.E.S.

Enjoy your whale watching experience!

Hi NEWLKAT :) I would absolutely LOVE to see the photos! Do you have them posted somewhere? I looked very strongly at Misty Bay Lodge. I booked with another company, but that was for my first leg of the trip. I haven't booked yet for the the second. Is the seating bench-like or was there a table and chairs? I haven't seen a picture of the interior of the boat yet and I know looking at other boats, it looks like the seats for 2 are pretty dinky. I don't want my 7 year old wandering around when the boat is moving. May I ask what time you signed up for? And how much it is and what the deposit was?

Thanks so much!

Hi Travln1234,

We are traveling with you on the Southbound portion of your B2B. I booked with Misty Bay Lodge earlier today. The cost is $160.00 plus 6.5% city tax per person. I needed to pay a deposit of half the total cost. Hope was not sure if I would be going in the morning with a group of 4 (maybe NEWLKAT) or the in the afternoon. If you get a chance go to their website to watch their video and listen to the whales. It is amazing.

Archived