December in the Bahamas...

MaraBerk

Actually, even if the water is cold, it very well may be in the upper 70's/lower 80's on the actual beach. We spent Christmas at Atlantis a few years ago and spent all day every day in the water park or ocean.

I think it could go either way, it could be cool or it could be warm. I'm hoping for warm since we're spending another few days there on Fascination right before Christmas this year.

Thanks for asking...

I'm going the week before Christmas and hoping to go to Atlantis.

Though I've been before and actually prefer the Hilton Day Pass, we'll have several 19-21 year olds going for the first time who I'm sure would really love Atlantis.

Sure hope it's not freezing cold.:rolleyes:

I always see people from cold weather states frolicking in the water, as I wear my sweater and boots, LOL. It really all depends on what you are used to. I live in Florida, I'm used to warm water temps, "winter" (using loosely since we don't really experience a real winter), it would be too cold for me.

You may not mind the water temp, the outside temp may still be in the high 70's.

I always see people from cold weather states frolicking in the water, as I wear my sweater and boots, LOL. It really all depends on what you are used to. I live in Florida, I'm used to warm water temps, "winter" (using loosely since we don't really experience a real winter), it would be too cold for me.

You may not mind the water temp, the outside temp may still be in the high 70's.

I live in NYC we were in Grand Turk in August and the water was too cold for me lol I'm assuming that there will be no ocean play for me in December. ;) I wouldn't mind sitting on a beach in 70 degree/sunny weather.

The only reason I get in the water is to cool off! So, if it's pleasant on the beach (and it should be!), you may not feel the need to even get wet!

This is true. Often it can be a very good "beach day" without getting into the water.

If it's really a yucky day in Nassau, go to Senor Frogs! :D

LuLu~~~~

We cruise mostly in the fall and winter, and I don't recall it ever being cold in the Bahamas. We've been there in December and January and the weather is usually beautiful. Daytime temps in the high 70s, which is perfect. I have been in the water during those months, and it's chilly but not intolerable. I would guestimate it somewhere in the 70s. Similar to Florida spring water, if you've ever experienced that.

We did the Bahamas last Christmas. The water was a bit too cold for me but not for the hubby, he went swimming while I laid on the beach in my suit and people watched. We are from Pa., if that makes a difference.

Other things to do that is nice are the tours around the towns. Our friends did this & they really enjoyed themselves. I think one of the tours they went through a garden & the pictures they had were beautiful but that cruise was in March of 2012

We did the Fascination in early December a few years ago. A cold front had moved through. Temp in Jacksonville was in the 30's. Nassau and Key West in the upper 50's. I wore shorts one day only.

Even though it was cold, we were blessed with beautiful clear skies the entire time. Perfect walking weather, but definitely not beach temperatures. We walked around in Key West and took a semi-submersible tour in Nassau.

Love to sail in Dec/Jan. The Bahama's is usually warm, water, not so much. I do more exploring, and site seeing than swimming then. The best thing about cruising then? Make sure you catch the Nassau sail away from a top deck, right after dark. It is simply stunning. The lights, go on forever. One of my favorite things. I did forget to do it in Freeport. :mad:

Whatever you do, enjoy the cruise! You might even get snowed on in the Atrium. ;)

We were in Nassau and Freeport the 2nd week of December in 2011 and went into the water at Nassau, but we are from Pennsylvania, so anything about 40 in Denver is a heat wave! The weather was definitely warm enough for shorts and a tshirt, the water was brisk but not painful.

• 3 weeks later...

We were there in the early part of November, it was warm outside but us Floridians found the water "nippy", I would say water temps were probably in mid 70's, that too cool for us, we took a quick dip and that was all, hurricane Sandy has just passed by a few days before so that could have had something to do with it. We also are contemplating cruising this late December there.

Archived