Carnival's Napoleon Dessert- Who's a Fan?

sanmarcosman

I'm a fan of the Napoleons Carnival serves in the Lido and I wish Napoleons were on the dessert menu in the MDR too. In addition to traditional Napoleons Carnival has also served scrumptious orange flavored Napoleons. Am I the only fan? I've only seen one mention of this dessert in my five years here as a member.

Napoleon.jpg

I'm a fan of the Napoleons Carnival serves in the Lido and I wish Napoleons were on the dessert menu in the MDR too. In addition to traditional Napoleons Carnival has also served scrumptious orange flavored Napoleons. Am I the only fan? I've only seen one mention of this dessert in my five years here as a member.

Napoleon.jpg

That's hardly a real Napoleon.

Napoleon.jpg

OMG I LOVE Those!!! Have you ever had one of the ones with the black cherries in the filling? They usually don't frost the top of those, though. Usually served on the first full cruising day at lunch. We will be in a port (HMC). On that first full day and I am planning to go BACK to the ship to see if they are on the dessert table. That's probably extreme, I know.....but they are one of my favorites!

Here is a picture of what I am talking about. I know it's a raspberry on top but that's black cherries in the pastry cream filling. I do not know who to credit with this picture, I copied it from a recent review. so many thanks, whoever you are,

image.jpg.7e1ed05b07fa58e4f5b2c9985774db52.jpg

Here is a picture of what I am talking about. I know it's a raspberry on top but that's black cherries in the pastry cream filling. I do not know who to credit with this picture, I copied it from a recent review. so many thanks, whoever you are,

Those are good as well. I like custard fillings as well as lighter cream filled desserts. Regardless of filling I prefer them to have icing on the top. :)

Sounds like a lot of pastry snobs on the board today...

How about this. Instead of calling them Napoleons, we can call them "non-descript orange dessert". Now, you can just enjoy them for what they are instead of comparing them to the Napoleons you got at that darling pastry shop in Paris.

Or we could do like the knock-off perfumes and just call them "Inspired by Napoleons".

sounds like a lot of pastry snobs on the board today...

How about this. Instead of calling them napoleons, we can call them "non-descript orange dessert". Now, you can just enjoy them for what they are instead of comparing them to the napoleons you got at that darling pastry shop in paris.

Or we could do like the knock-off perfumes and just call them "inspired by napoleons".

+1 :)

I hear ya about finding a good non-descript orange dessert in my home town but then I may not look forward to my cruise quite as much!

People just like to be Debbie Downers! The dessert resembles a Napoleon. Tomatos-tomaaatos! Who cares.

I haven't tried their rendition but I can't wait! It will be at the top of the list! Especially now.

I don't think I'm being a Debbie Downer! Haha.

So in your mind it would be fine if they cut a pot roast into a 2" think x 3" diameter circle and called it Filet Mignon? It would resemble a Filet Mignon.

Sounds like a lot of pastry snobs on the board today.."

Agree!! Never have been to a fancy "Patiserie in Paris" so have no reference point to begin with. I love these "what-ever-you-call-them". I grab it every time I see them on the dessert bar. For now I will continue to ask for "Napoleons":rolleyes:

I love these "what-ever-you-call-them". I grab it every time I see them on the dessert bar. For now I will continue to ask for "Napoleons":rolleyes:

On my last cruise I didn't see them and the man I spoke with happened to be a Sous Chef who took full responsibility for my request and followed up with me and put aside 4 of what turned out to be orange flavored "whatever you want to call them" for me later that evening.

This is the kind of customer service it was a pleasure to share on my online comment card.

On my last cruise I didn't see them and the man I spoke with happened to be a Sous Chef who took full responsibility for my request and followed up with me and put aside 4 of what turned out to be orange flavored "whatever you want to call them" for me later that evening.

This is the kind of customer service it was a pleasure to share on my online comment card.

My daughter in law LOVES the strawberry flavored "whatever you want to call them" served on the first day. She brought a plate full to the room!

Archived