Booking a future cruise onboard or not?

allfloridagirl

I have a question for Pam. I was going through a drawer the other day where I keep my cruising memorabilia and I found a couple of F.C.C.'s from 2011 and 2012 that we had bought. I do have a couple of cruises booked but I am not sure which F.C.C.'s apply to these bookings, they could be older F.C.C.'s.

I wanted to find out if we have any outstanding and I sent an email to our travel agent . She said that the only way I can find out is to get in touch the Captain's Circle Department. As a phone call is very expensive for us down here, would you or anyone have an email address that I can use.

Jennie

I have a question for Pam. I was going through a drawer the other day where I keep my cruising memorabilia and I found a couple of F.C.C.'s from 2011 and 2012 that we had bought. I do have a couple of cruises booked but I am not sure which F.C.C.'s apply to these bookings, they could be older F.C.C.'s.

I wanted to find out if we have any outstanding and I sent an email to our travel agent . She said that the only way I can find out is to get in touch the Captain's Circle Department. As a phone call is very expensive for us down here, would you or anyone have an email address that I can use.

Jennie

Maybe this isn't applicable for the Australian Princess website, but if I sign in to "My Princess" on our website here, it'll show me my Captain's Circle info, including a section titled "Account Summary." This section lists cruise credits, which in my case is two FCCs. It shows their respective id numbers and the dates purchased and to be used by. So you'd be able to see what FCCs you still have outstanding. If the Australian website works that way, of course.

Maybe this isn't applicable for the Australian Princess website, but if I sign in to "My Princess" on our website here, it'll show me my Captain's Circle info, including a section titled "Account Summary." This section lists cruise credits, which in my case is two FCCs. It shows their respective id numbers and the dates purchased and to be used by. So you'd be able to see what FCCs you still have outstanding. If the Australian website works that way, of course.

Thanks for that. I can see that it isn't showing any FCC's and that is why I want to speak or email someone, as I do believe that there should be one outstanding as we only purchased it last October.

Jennie

Thanks for that. I can see that it isn't showing any FCC's and that is why I want to speak or email someone, as I do believe that there should be one outstanding as we only purchased it last October.

Jennie

I looked but I don't have an email for the Captain's Circle department in my pile o' Princess stuff. You may have to bite the bullet on the cost and ring them. Maybe once you get someone on the line, you could persuade them to call you back at their expense?!

My DH and I thought about doing the FCC on our last cruise (first with Princess) but were not exactly sure how it all worked so we did not. We have another cruise reserved so I think that I have time to buy some stock too. Is there a time restraint on being a stock holder? I would hate to do it and find out it won't apply.

And on Pam being an Admiral..no kidding! Pam I admire you and appreciate all the information you pass on. Thank you.

We have purchased FCC on all of our cruises and have also booked on board. Our TA always gets the credit when we book on-board. If the prices lower later you can still get this lower price.

Previous Cruises

Alaska 2008 – Island Princess

Alaska 2009 – Island Princess

Alaska 2010 – Royal Princess

Alaska 2011 – Golden Princess

Alaska 2012 – Star Princess

Panama Canal 2012 – Coral Princess

Western Caribbean – Crown Princess

Alaska 2013 – Island Princess

Future Cruises

Western Caribbean 2013 – Caribbean Princess

Southern Caribbean 2014 – Royal Princess

• 4 weeks later...
You can buy more than one per-person. I usually have two on my Captain's Circle account.

Pam (or anyone else that knows)....

Can you use more than 1 per person, per cruise? I.E. I buy 2 for myself, and want to use both on a singular cruise booking in the future. Or, can I only use 1 per cruise for myself?

Also....just saw in another thread where someone stated they purchased a FCC while onboard and got an OBC for the cruise they were on + the future OBC??? I thought it was only for a future OBC?

They have a tick box on the FCC form that says they will send a copy of the form to your TA 'as a courtesy', unless you tick here. I only use the one TA and don't have any problem with her knowing I have FCCs. I'm not sure if there are any implications if you tick the box to say no.

From my understanding the FCC is only usable for the person that purchased it. Everyone needs to have their own FCC. Other people with more experience will reply. Pam just returned from a cruise on the Royal so give her a few days to readjust to being home.

Tom:)

Each person needs their own FCC. You can't use one of yours for someone else and you can only use one. If you have more than two people in a cabin, only two of them need an FCC for the total deposit for the cabin. Third (and fourth) need no additional deposit. I don't know if they can use FCC to get the OBC if they have them or if the limit is two per cabin.

Princess has been running some promotions recently where if bought an FCC and booked a cruise on board you also received OBC for your current cruise. That is a special promotion and not the standard terms of the FCC.

Pam (or anyone else that knows)....

Can you use more than 1 per person, per cruise? I.E. I buy 2 for myself, and want to use both on a singular cruise booking in the future. Or, can I only use 1 per cruise for myself?

Also....just saw in another thread where someone stated they purchased a FCC while onboard and got an OBC for the cruise they were on + the future OBC??? I thought it was only for a future OBC?

You can only use one FCC issued in that person's name per cruise.

The FCC must be bought on board a Princess sailing and is only good for a future sailing.

can I buy two FCC and use one for me and one for the second person on a future cruise?

The FCC can only be used by the person who bought it and has to be purchased while onboard a Princess cruise. You cannot buy a FCC for someone not on that cruise. You can buy an FCC for someone on the cruise with you (wife, friend, etc) but then the FCC belongs only to them.

On our September cruise, we bought two FCC for each of us. It is an excellent idea IF you are planning on cruising again on Princess. The FCC has to be used to book a new cruise either while on the ship or up to 2 years later. The deposit is refundable if you choose not to use it.

Edited by satxdiver

Each person needs their own FCC. You can't use one of yours for someone else and you can only use one. If you have more than two people in a cabin, only two of them need an FCC for the total deposit for the cabin. Third (and fourth) need no additional deposit. I don't know if they can use FCC to get the OBC if they have them or if the limit is two per cabin.

Princess has been running some promotions recently where if bought an FCC and booked a cruise on board you also received OBC for your current cruise. That is a special promotion and not the standard terms of the FCC.

Thanks IECalCruiser!! So on this promotion to get an OBC for the current cruise they're on.....they (I) have to actually book a specific cruise vs. just leaving it open, right? If this is correct, could someone (me) just book a random cruise and change it later with my TA?

If this is correct, could someone (me) just book a random cruise and change it later with my TA?

That depends on the terms of the offer. Some offers say any deposit is non-refundable, so changing to a different cruise would mean losing the deposit. This may or may not apply to that promotion, just read the fine print.

Thanks IECalCruiser!! So on this promotion to get an OBC for the current cruise they're on.....they (I) have to actually book a specific cruise vs. just leaving it open, right? If this is correct, could someone (me) just book a random cruise and change it later with my TA?
I have only seen a post on CC. Unfortunately I don't have the details of the program.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a link anywhere on the Princess site that explains the breakdown? I know they have made some changes in the past year. For example, a 10 night cruise in a mini-suite would equal = how much??

Is there a link anywhere on the Princess site that explains the breakdown? I know they have made some changes in the past year. For example, a 10 night cruise in a mini-suite would equal = how much??

$50/person for up to two people who used FCCs

Download the "Cruise Answer Book" from https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/brochureRequest.page

In the On Board Experience section it will be listed under "Future Cruise Sales."

Edited by caribill

Here's info about the FCC. This info came from my recent email from Princess.

Upon making your new booking, the appropriate shipboard credit will be applied.*

Future Cruise Length Per Person Shipboard Credit*

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

These amounts are in addition to the $ you paid for your FCC.

Tom