Do YOU purchase soda cards?

Have you or will you purchase a soda card?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Have you or will you purchase a soda card?

• I always purchase a soda card
    • I never purchase a soda card
    • I'm thinking about purchasing one on my next cruise
    • I don't drink soda

we purchased two on the voyager two yrs ago, and i believe we paid about $38 each. for us (big coke drinkers) it was worth it to get two, since we often wandered around w/o each other (i like to sun by the pool, DH likes to explore). but now i hear it is @ $7/day, per card, which would be almost $50 for the week for one card! if i paid $1.75 per coke at the bar, that is 28 cokes. so i would have to drink more than 4/day to make it worth it. maybe we'll share a card next time (no flames, please!), or else, just drink fewer sodas and pay per glass.

For myself or DH, no. I am not a soda drinker and he is strictly a Pepsi product person. For the kids, I thought it was great. Given the amount of soda they drank, it was probably a little more expensive to buy the sticker. But for the ease of them going up to any bar and getting a drink, not having to wait, and not having to sign a slip, it was totally worth it.

We have never done the soda card purchase before, but this cruise when I put the math to it , think that we will, with the average being that you only need to get 4 a day to make it worth it , that does it for us, with lunch and dinner being probably two each we would have it right there. We are not big beer or mixed drink drinkers so mostly we consume soda so think that it will be worth it for us. We will try it this cruise and see how it works. In looking at our previous bills from the "final" cruise bill think this is a good deal for us.

DH & kids got one. I like diet Coke with lunch only & we rarely ate lunch (Big breakfast & small snack in afternoon) My DH is such a rules player that all I wanted was a sip of his Diet Coke & he acted like I was committing a criminal act!

We didn't need them on Celebrity and HAL as there always were juices or punch, but on RCCL except for the breakfast/lunch we couldn't find what to drink..still didn't buy soda card. (mostly because of health reasons) We would really appreciate if there was more choices.

I generally do not buy soda cards. Hell they should be cheaper for the adults, I think we drink less then the kids. :) On the last cruise I did purchase one, but I did something bad. I shared it with my buddy, so we were doubling up on one. I hate the fact that they stopped offering free soda in the dining room.

We purchased one on the first cruise but won't do that trick again. For us, it just didn't work out. Mostly it just didn't taste right to us. The flavor of soda will vary depending on the water used and onboard it just had a flavor we didn't care for. Plus, neither of us are big Coke drinkers. I prefer Pepsi and the wife prefers Dr. Pepper.

I've found it to be less expensive for us to just drink a Coke out of the refrigerator or to bring onboard a six pack of Pepsi and Dr. Pepper. For the most part we just don't drink that much Soda while onboard the ship, even if we bring our own onboard.

We really debated buying one (at least for me) because we do drink 1-3 per day on land. I found that the free lemonade and tea were fine for me. I only had one pop the entire cruise, at JR's. It was nice to have a break from the pop, actually, and it was nice to know I didn't miss it. It saved us some $ as well.

Only problem, I usually take in very few of my daily calories in liquid form (iI'm a diet pop and water drinker). When I added the many glasses of lemonade to the fancy bar drinks, it added up to more than a few unwanted lbs.:eek:

No, never for us, I drink ONE diet Pepsi a day (at lunch)...DH does the same...and the kidlet doesn't like soda, God love her. ;) Never worth the expense of a soda card.

We usually do not buy a soda card. The only soda I like is Diet Mountain Dew and I only drink it in the mornings on hot days (in lew of coffee). Unfortunately, no cruise lines carry Diet Mountain Dew (that I am aware of), so I usually bring a couple of my own.

We didn't need them on Celebrity and HAL as there always were juices or punch, but on RCCL except for the breakfast/lunch we couldn't find what to drink..still didn't buy soda card. (mostly because of health reasons) We would really appreciate if there was more choices.

Tatka, that is unfortunate that you were unable to find anything to drink on RCCL. I cruised the Mariner this past December and had no problems finding something to drink anywhere on the ship. They had lots of juices, tea and water. I did not need a soda card nor did I need to search for refreshment.

If they had Dr. Pepper- I would purchase one. We bought one for each of us on our first cruise and it didn't pay for itself for any of us. Since then (8 cruises later) we haven't purchased one. We just pay as we go and come out ahead! Even our 17 yo didn't drink that many. He is a water drinker!

None for us either - DH is strictly a diet Pepsi drinker, so we bring our own - I drink the iced tea and bottled water (also bring our own). Never have been fond of fountain drinks anyway, so it wouldn't have been an issue.

We usually bring a 12 pack of soda on board with us. If we need more we will buy it in port. We pay about $2.50 for a 12 pack.

I think they charge way too much for a soda card.

Tatka, that is unfortunate that you were unable to find anything to drink on RCCL. I cruised the Mariner this past December and had no problems finding something to drink anywhere on the ship. They had lots of juices, tea and water. I did not need a soda card nor did I need to search for refreshment.

Free juices? It was not the case on Splendor of the Seas in Europe. I don't really drink tea during the day. (I also know where to look.;) It's just wasn't there between the meals. Even during the meals lemonade wasn't very good:( )

MY husand got one on the Explorer-he is a BIG diet coke drinker-he does not feel like it was worth the money he spent-we spent a lot of time off the boat-in port-would not buy one again-plus I took a few sips of his once-thought it tasted awful!! I like can drinks-brought a 12 pack of diets coke on for me-had enough for the week-

Archived