Inside balconies on Oasis

woodyren

I booked the best value cabin I could find at the time. It was a central park guarantee. There was another price drop for a "neighborhood" guarantee which may have ended up as either a boardwalk or central park and so I switched to that category. It has now been allocated and I am back to central park and that is fine (and I saved some cash).

There are now Balcony B1 "boardwalk cabins available for $30 pp more than I paid and I am considering asking my TA to book the upgrade. My understanding is that the boardwalk cabins get a view of the aqua theatre and of the ocean out the back of the ship.

They are available on decks 14,12,11,10,9,8.

Anyone have any advice on whether these cabins are better than the central park area and which deck is preferable. Also are the cabins closer to the aqua theatre better. I have also read somewhere I think that there is a "hidden" outdoor area that is easily accessed from these cabins.

Cheers

I booked the best value cabin I could find at the time. It was a central park guarantee. There was another price drop for a "neighborhood" guarantee which may have ended up as either a boardwalk or central park and so I switched to that category. It has now been allocated and I am back to central park and that is fine (and I saved some cash).

There are now Balcony B1 "boardwalk cabins available for $30 pp more than I paid and I am considering asking my TA to book the upgrade. My understanding is that the boardwalk cabins get a view of the aqua theatre and of the ocean out the back of the ship.

They are available on decks 14,12,11,10,9,8.

Anyone have any advice on whether these cabins are better than the central park area and which deck is preferable. Also are the cabins closer to the aqua theatre better. I have also read somewhere I think that there is a "hidden" outdoor area that is easily accessed from these cabins.

Cheers

The Boardwalk balconies are not necessarily better than Central Park balconies, but they are different. There's more activity on the Boardwalk, so that might be of interest. However there's also more noise on the Boardwalk, so take that into consideration.

The public outdoor balcony areas are at the aft ends of the 2 passenger corridors on decks 11, 12, and 14.

However there's also more noise on the Boardwalk, so take that into consideration.

Noise from the boardwalk, and anything that might be taking place in the aqua theater. (movies, belly flop competition, etc...)

You can see the ocean and the aqua theater from the boardwalk balconies, but the closer you get to them, the farther back in the ship you are, and the longer walk to the elevator or the rest of the ship.

Where in CP is the cabin you've been assigned? We were in a CP cabin on deck 14 at the very aft part of Central Park. It was L.O.U.D. all day long. We were just below the pool decks and the screaming children were incessant. The pool band was loud enough to be heard well with the balcony door closed. We liked the music, and actually didn't mind hearing it, but others might find it intolerable. We didn't have any noise at night (none of the rumored chair-scraping or anything), just during the day.

That's just my $.02, I'm sure that a CP cabin father away from the pool would be much more peaceful. We did like the convenience of hopping right up the stairs to the pool deck and WJ so it wasn't all bad.

Have a good cruise!

Also are the cabins closer to the aqua theatre better.

I think they are. The further back you are, the better of an aft view you get. Here's the view from 11323 (fourth from the end):

normal_P1020969.JPG

And here's the view looking down:

normal_P1020982.JPG

i like the Boardwalk cabin. central park view is peaceful, so if that is you stay with central park. on the other hand, boardwalk has more activity and more fun in my opinion. I liked people watching. i liked watching the aqua show. with this activity comes some noise (not bad noise with door closed, in my opinion); if you are especially noise sensitive, stay with your C balcony.

assuming this is your 11/16 cruise, I looked at B1's on a website. if I were you I'd pay $30 for cabin 11723 (straight across for the other poster pic, so that's the view. bed is by balcony (better in my opinion). the secret dec is just doors down the hall. if you,d like the bed by the closet (or care not), you might go one more deck up to 12725. Other than bed position, it has the same attributes and is one closer to the aft.

We have had all of these balcony types and while we would pick the oceanview balcony first, we thought the boardwalk balcony was nicer than the Central Park balcony. On the Central Park balcony we greatly missed glimpsing any water to really give us that cruise feeling. The boardwalk gave you some water view as well as people watching and the view of the aqua theatre. Almost all activities on the boardwalk are completed by 10pm or close to that so noise at night was never an issue. Even during the day the doors kept most of the sound out.

For that little of a price difference I would look to move to the boardwalk.

We noticed that when our balcony door was LOCKED it was quieter in the cabin than when it was unlocked. Guess locking gave it a tighter seal.

Noise was not a problem anyway ... nothing going on outside after about 10 PM and it really was seldom noisy in the day ... especially with the door closed and locked.

We would book a Boardwalk balcony again! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Archived