NYC Hotel and Transportation

georgia girl16

I will be cruising on Carnival Splendor 25 June 2014. I plan to arrive on the 24th and will probably fly into LaGuardia. I would like a reasonably priced but safe hotel, my budget is nothing over $170. I am not looking to tour NY, just need a room and somewhere to grab a bite to eat. It would be nice also if there was Shutter service from the airport and breakfast the morning of the cruise. I have been doing some searching on Hotel.com and have found what maybe good pricing for hotel and airfare. However, I am not sure about transportation to the cruise port. Should I return to the airport and utilize the Carnival shutter or should I grab a cab or use a car service. I am traveling alone so what option would be a better price for me. I would appreciate all your help. Thank you

I will be cruising on Carnival Splendor 25 June 2014. I plan to arrive on the 24th and will probably fly into LaGuardia. I would like a reasonably priced but safe hotel, my budget is nothing over $170. I am not looking to tour NY, just need a room and somewhere to grab a bite to eat. It would be nice also if there was Shutter service from the airport and breakfast the morning of the cruise. I have been doing some searching on Hotel.com and have found what maybe good pricing for hotel and airfare. However, I am not sure about transportation to the cruise port. Should I return to the airport and utilize the Carnival shutter or should I grab a cab or use a car service. I am traveling alone so what option would be a better price for me. I would appreciate all your help. Thank you

Is your hotel budget with our without taxes? In my opinion, there are some pretty sketchy properties at La Guardia, and you need the upper chains for more consistency. Be sure to consider reviews on Trip Advisor, an average of several pages. :)

For a single, the cruise line transfer may be a better option.

Can you manage your luggage at all? If so, consider flying into Newark for a bigger selection of better hotel properties at more reasonable prices. From EWR you can take either the train or the airport bus into midtown NY ($25 or $28 round trip) plus a short cab ride to the pier. IMO Newark Airport may be more comfortable for you as a solo traveler.

I think it's too early to make a final hotel selection for next June. Deals really won't be out there until after the new year. Right now aa.com has the EWR DoubleTree on special for $125 including taxes for your date. I have stayed at this property. It is a full service hotel with folks coming and going at all hours (lots of airline crews).

Archived