Las Palmas Beach Resort

cruising oceangal

Has anyone been to Las Palmas Beach resort recently? My DH and I are deciding if we should go there or to West Bay Beach area. I emailed them recently and got a quick reply:

"Las Palmas Beach Resort offers transportation from and to the port of your arrival, beach access, beach chairs, restaurant with delicious local and international food, showers, bathrooms & changing rooms, free Wi-Fi and bar, just let us know when you are coming so we can book your reservation."

The total fee is $15US per person including the round trip transportation & beach access.

Would love to hear what past visitors thought about this resort compared to West Bay resorts.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Beautiful location and very nice facilities.:)

Thanks watchdiva! There will be another ship in port with us so we think Mahogany Beach will be crowded. Las Palmas is not too far from port, seems closer than West Bay area and we just want to relax on a beach for the day! Its not mentioned much on CC, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you blue_water for the link. We did book this resort from reading reviews on trip advisor.

Would love to hear what you think...after our last stop in Roatan (our 3rd) I think I will stay away from West Bay next time. Love the snorkeling but the vendors were ridiculous. :(

• 1 month later...

Any updates or recent visitors to this resort?

I was wondering if there was noise from construction?

I have emailed resort to ask questions but so far no replies from contact information address on the website. Has anyone else communicated with resort directly?

Unfortunately we never got to go to this resort due to it raining all day while we were in port. The contact person I emailed was Malagy and her email address is

marketing@doroatan.com

She was very prompt answering me. I even emailed her the morning we arrived and she told me if the weather cleared up and we still wanted to come she would send her driver for us.

Unfortunately we never got to go to this resort due to it raining all day while we were in port. The contact person I emailed was Malagy and her email address is

marketing@doroatan.com

She was very prompt answering me. I even emailed her the morning we arrived and she told me if the weather cleared up and we still wanted to come she would send her driver for us.

Thank you so much for your reply. I was hoping you would be able to give an update but sorry you had such bad weather.

I have sent a second email to the address you gave.

We went to Las Palmas for a bit last April, and in my opinion it is ok, but I like West Bay beach better except for constant vendors. We are trying Turquoise Bay Resort in March. It is $25 PP including transportation and should be very peaceful.[if you go there on your own there is no entrance fee or chair charge../SIZE]

http://www.turquoisebayresort.com/cruise-ship-beach-day.html

Edited by overthehillcruiser

We went to Las Palmas for a bit last April, and in my opinion it is ok, but I like West Bay beach better except for constant vendors. We are trying Turquoise Bay Resort in March. It is $25 PP including transportation and should be very peaceful.[if you go there on your own there is no entrance fee or chair charge../SIZE]

http://www.turquoisebayresort.com/cruise-ship-beach-day.html

Thanks didn't realize you had been to las Palmas - I have never seen photos or review from you about it.

We have been to Turquoise Bay - I gave you links and info about it on an earlier thread!

Thanks. We are booked for TB on the 19th of March. Thanks for all your help. They said we could just pay when we get there, and they are supposed to pick us up at Mahogany. We were on a driver for the day tour when we went to Las Palmas, just killing time.Cannot say for sure why I was not very impressed by it..

Thanks didn't realize you had been to las Palmas - I have never seen photos or review from you about it.

We have been to Turquoise Bay - I gave you links and info about it on an earlier thread!

Thanks. We are booked for TB on the 19th of March. Thanks for all your help. They said we could just pay when we get there, and they are supposed to pick us up at Mahogany. We were on a driver for the day tour when we went to Las Palmas, just killing time.Cannot say for sure why I was not very impressed by it..

Hope you enjoy TB, I wouldn't mind returning - certainly quiet and relaxing on the beach but some distance from the port. I was thinking of trying Palm Beach Resort next time we visit, which I believe is the turn off just before Turquoise Bay, but recent reports have me second guessing. We also enjoyed our day at Club Natale, (preferred the pool), but that also has a long bumpy access road off the main highway.

It seems like Las Palmas would be convenient in that it is just a short drive from the port ( we have passed it many times) but the thought of construction makes me question how quiet it would be. Was the sand very coarse at Las Palmas and is there a pool? Were you able able to just call in and PAYG without having to buy a day pass? I thought you had to buy a day pass or entrance fee but maybe we will just visit and continue elsewhere if it doesn't appeal to us. Sorry for so many questions but I am not getting any replies from the resort (not a good sign) and I haven't seen any recent first hand reports.

We were able to just walk in. We did not eat or drink anything, didn't actually stay long at all. One thing about it though, it is close by.

Hope you enjoy TB, I wouldn't mind returning - certainly quiet and relaxing on the beach but some distance from the port. I was thinking of trying Palm Beach Resort next time we visit, which I believe is the turn off just before Turquoise Bay, but recent reports have me second guessing. We also enjoyed our day at Club Natale, (preferred the pool), but that also has a long bumpy access road off the main highway.

It seems like Las Palmas would be convenient in that it is just a short drive from the port ( we have passed it many times) but the thought of construction makes me question how quiet it would be. Was the sand very coarse at Las Palmas and is there a pool? Were you able able to just call in and PAYG without having to buy a day pass? I thought you had to buy a day pass or entrance fee but maybe we will just visit and continue elsewhere if it doesn't appeal to us. Sorry for so many questions but I am not getting any replies from the resort (not a good sign) and I haven't seen any recent first hand reports.