Internet time?

GeezLouise1

I've read that Gold Level includes a complimentary 2 hr. internet time plan. There is also this note:" Internet time plan credit does not apply to Cunard 'Cruisemail'." Do I have to purchase time to check my emails, or is it in fact complimentary? I carry my own laptop. Would someone please clarify? DH is also Gold Level, is the 2 hr. limit for each or do we share, per cabin? Thanks,

I've read that Gold Level includes a complimentary 2 hr. internet time plan. There is also this note:" Internet time plan credit does not apply to Cunard 'Cruisemail'." Do I have to purchase time to check my emails, or is it in fact complimentary? I carry my own laptop. Would someone please clarify? DH is also Gold Level, is the 2 hr. limit for each or do we share, per cabin? Thanks,

You get 2 hours each and if you use your own laptop you won't use Cruisemail, whatever it is. You will need to use the internet in order to check your emails though. I suggest you connect, download and disconnect. Then read and respond offline and then next time you connect send your messages, download and disconnect. Repeat this process ad nauseam.

Thank you. Perhaps you should write their descriptions for them! Their promotional blurbs lack your clarity.:p

That's an excellent idea but unfortunately I'm far too busy standing in line at the Purser's desk complaining that no-one can assist me now and removing the auto-tips. :)

Hi, GeezLouise1.

The Capn' has provided you with excellent advice, as he always does. In case you would like to know more about cruisemail, it is an old system where temporary e-mail accounts could be set up for you on board. Here is what ask.cunard.com used to say about cruisemail.

What is the email address for people to contact friends or family on board?

In the first instance, guests should either set up an email address via the cyber cafe, or log on to their own email account via the cyber cafe on their own lap top in the Wi Fi areas around the ship.

Alternatively, guests can be emailed using the following address:

'First initial', 'surname', 'cabin number'@shipname.cruisemail.net

For example -

Guests will not be notified as soon as the email is received as the box is not monitored. Guests have to log in to pick up any messages, just as they would a normal email system. Guests would be advised to sign up for a Yahoo or Hotmail account. The cruisemail account has a setup fee and as well as usage fee and the normal per minute charge to access the Internet. These charges are detailed on board. ...

This page no longer exists on ask.cunard.com so I suspect Cunard may have discontinued this service. It was probably a useful service way back in the early days of the Internet when not everyone had e-mail accounts.

Regards,

John.

Hi GeezLouise. That 2 hours is wonderful! I have just reached Platinum level so I will have 4 hours on my next cruise. It won't last long, seeing I'm thinking of going on a 24-day cruise, though 4 hours on a short cruise would be fantastic.

When you log on you will have to 'purchase' that 120-minute package. The next day go to the Purser's desk and ask for your bill and you will see that you have been charged the $60 and then immediately you will see a $60 refund.

If you have not used cruise internet before, be aware that it is very slow! That is why you will want to follow the capn's advice.

I think I understand that when you are sailing on more than one segment and you have not used all your paid time during the first segment, the unused time carries over to the next segment. Is this a correct assumtion?

Don

I think I understand that when you are sailing on more than one segment and you have not used all your paid time during the first segment, the unused time carries over to the next segment. Is this a correct assumtion?

Don

Sometimes they will carry the time forward but it was more likely to happen when MCP ran the system, it has now been brought under the Cunard wing and things have changed. If you are on two or more separate legs with separate booking references you will be entitled to your CWC hours for each leg, similarly any of the other benefits should be offered again.

Sometimes they will carry the time forward but it was more likely to happen when MCP ran the system, it has now been brought under the Cunard wing and things have changed. If you are on two or more separate legs with separate booking references you will be entitled to your CWC hours for each leg, similarly any of the other benefits should be offered again.

Capnpugwash

Thanks

I'm booked on the QV World Voyage with one booking but staying on through 5 segments during my trip. I know after a few segments, I've earned some "free" time but I'm trying to figure out budgeting my time so I don't loose any at the end of any of the segments if they don't carry over.

I will ask when I"m on board and signing up my first time.

Don

When you log on you will have to 'purchase' that 120-minute package. The next day go to the Purser's desk and ask for your bill and you will see that you have been charged the $60 and then immediately you will see a $60 refund.

In the bumpf we had in the cabin a couple of weeks ago about the internet onboard it said there was no requirement to visit the Purser's desk after you had made your purchase as it would be automatically refunded.

I can't verify that as I used mobile data when we were in port so I did not bother with the ships's wifi.

In the bumpf we had in the cabin a couple of weeks ago about the internet onboard it said there was no requirement to visit the Purser's desk after you had made your purchase as it would be automatically refunded.

I can't verify that as I used mobile data when we were in port so I did not bother with the ships's wifi.

It has always been refunded on my account. It is worth checking when you get your interim account though. :)

I'm a belt-and-braces type of gal. I know that human error occurs and so rather than wonder if the system will work properly, I go and check it out. That way I keep my life stress-free.

Don

If you buy your obc time at thevbeginning of each segment again your unused time will be carried forward. This is only possible on th WC, not on other multisegment journeys like Hamburg-NYC

If you buy your obc time at thevbeginning of each segment again your unused time will be carried forward. This is only possible on th WC, not on other multisegment journeys like Hamburg-NYC

Cunardaddict

Thanks, this is what I thought and hoped for. I don't want to wast Internet time just to use it up before a segment end.

Don

Archived