Cruise Line Insurance

Pstcrik

Any person who has ANY medical issues (heart, diabetes, any condition that may need very specific medical personnel and treatment) --- should consider http://www.medjetassist.com --- in addition to any other travel insurance policies they buy. This company will provide you with emergency air transport to ANY hospital of your choosing regardless of where you are in the world!! We recently did a 30 day cruise to the South Pacific where some ports had no medical facilities at all --- as DH has several severe medical issues --- it gave us great peace of mind knowing we were protected. We will be using them again for our April cruise to Italy.

• 1 month later...

We also have medjet. However, I'm tempted to let our yearly 'membership' lapse. Don't most trip insurance policies cover 'evacuation' anyway? So, if it's already included, I'm seeing no reason to keep Medjet.

We just booked an Azamara cruise (just a few days ago). My husband still receives monthly physical therapy due to a stroke he had in June 2012. The doctors all say he's 'fit for travel'. I'm planning to get the 'pre-existing' waiver, but I'm wondering if I should pay a bit more and get a 'cancel for any reason' plan.

Archived