Suggestions on Hotels in NJ Along Route 80...

gram2trips

Will be going to Manhattan pier from Western PA via Route 80. Had stayed a couple of years ago at La Quinta in Fairfield but looking for a nicer hotel. Since it is for sleeping only 1 night prior to cruise I don't want to "break the bank". Any suggestions appreciated. I would like to get a reservation made shortly. The cruise is Nov. 10. TIA

Look at Hotwire for at the Parsippany/Morristown area for some really good deals in a more suburban area. I am seeing the following hotels for your date:

Rating Price. Best guess Approval Rating

3.5* $64 Madison. 95%

4* $75 Westminster or Hyatt Morristown 90%

3* $65 Sonesta ES Suites 100%

The La Quinta you stayed in before could have been a little too close to Patterson.

My experiences picking a blind hotel on Hotwire have been good when the approval ratings are super high. These are fantastic prices and several of these hotels also offer breakfast.

Look at Hotwire for at the Parsippany/Morristown area for some really good deals in a more suburban area. I am seeing the following hotels for your date:

Rating Price. Best guess Approval Rating

3.5* $64 Madison. 95%

4* $75 Westminster or Hyatt Morristown 90%

3* $65 Sonesta ES Suites 100%

The La Quinta you stayed in before could have been a little too close to Patterson.

My experiences picking a blind hotel on Hotwire have been good when the approval ratings are super high. These are fantastic prices and several of these hotels also offer breakfast.

Thanks, I will check them out.....We stayed at La Quinta twice & never a problem...but now i guess it is getting in some need of repair, etc.

138east

Carol,

do u know how far Morristown & Parsippany are apart?? I have never used any of the sites to get a hotel other than the hotel site itself...I see i don't get the name & addy until after I book...

If you don't mind my jumping in for Carol, the two towns are less than 10 miles apart, but Route 80 doesn't pass through Morristown . Morristown is south of Parsippany via Route 287, so you'd be going a little out of your way to get there.

You don't get a name until after you book. That's why I listed the hotels as "best guess" based on Betterbidding.com. You won't know the name until you pay.

You have to balance your priorities. If saving money is most important, then you are going to have to take a risk. You might have to drive a bit off route 80. However, these are well rated hotels, so the satisfaction risk is minimized.

There is another tab on Hotwire where you can pay more money and select your hotel. If you are going to do this, I would also check kayak.com and aa.com for comparison.

I've had great success on Hotwire and use it serval times a year, but it's not for everyone.

Heading east:

Off exit 25 you will find a Wyndham & something else (the name keeps changing) in Mt. Olive at the trade zone, about 1 hour 15 minutes from NYC.

Off exit 28 you will find a Days Inn in Ledgewood.

Off Exit 30 you will find a Courtyard by Marriott & a Holiday Inn express in Mt. Arlington

Off Exit 35 you will find a Hilton Garden Inn & a big Mall in Rockaway, about 1 hour from NYC

There are several hotels in Parsippany, exit 42 with the Sheraton Tara being the nicest & the easiest exit / entrance from 80

You are already familiar with Fairfield.

There's another Marriott near the exit for the Garden State Parkway; I don't remember the exit # sorry.

There's a GlenPointe Marriott in Teaneck near exit 70 or 72 but I think that's expensive.

Archived