Wave runner rental at Labadee Q

I don't believe I've seen this answered previously.

DD got her drivers license 2 days ago, however, in our state new drivers (under 18) are issued a piece of paper until their court date when the judge formally presents them with the plastic license. All we know is, her court date is not in October, don't know if they have one in November, or if she will be on that one... As we sail at the end of November... She may only have the paper license, but it is a drivers license....

Think she will be allowed to drive? If we book it, and when we get there, she's denied... Will we get our money back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I assume youre on about the Jetskis.......they didn't check our driving licenses....we are from the UK and still have the old style paper ones.

They do check licenses for those that are drivers and are young. You have to be a licensed driver to drive one of the jetskis.

We were in a similar situation to the OP a few years back. Our son took his driving test the morning we flew out for our cruise. In our state, they stamp the paper learners permit with an official stamp after they pass the driver's test and it is signed by the examiner. This becomes their official license until their laminated one is mailed to them a few weeks later. The person checking us in questioned what it was and then asked for her supervisor to come over. The supervisor asked why he didn't have a plastic license and I explained the whole process to her. She did accept the license because his picture was on it, had it not had his picture, she said she wouldn't have been able to accept it.

I don't believe I've seen this answered previously.

DD got her drivers license 2 days ago, however, in our state new drivers (under 18) are issued a piece of paper until their court date when the judge formally presents them with the plastic license. All we know is, her court date is not in October, don't know if they have one in November, or if she will be on that one... As we sail at the end of November... She may only have the paper license, but it is a drivers license....

Think she will be allowed to drive? If we book it, and when we get there, she's denied... Will we get our money back?

Just wait and book it on Labadee.

I would like to know the same thing about prices. We've done them before, thought about 150.00 or a little less. I have a 16 yr. old will he be able to drive?

62.75 GBP for a driver

19.25 GBP for a passenger

USD is about 1.5 higher

Here is the RCI info

Minimum age to drive is 16 years with a valid drivers license. If under 21 years, you must show your license.

They didn't ask to see proof of age.

Interesting. Her learners permit is a "hard card" with photo, so maybe together it will work.

As tempting as it is to wait until we get there to book, since this is a Thanksgiving cruise, I'm afraid there won't be any available?

They do check licenses for those that are drivers and are young. You have to be a licensed driver to drive one of the jetskis.

We were in a similar situation to the OP a few years back. Our son took his driving test the morning we flew out for our cruise. In our state, they stamp the paper learners permit with an official stamp after they pass the driver's test and it is signed by the examiner. This becomes their official license until their laminated one is mailed to them a few weeks later. The person checking us in questioned what it was and then asked for her supervisor to come over. The supervisor asked why he didn't have a plastic license and I explained the whole process to her. She did accept the license because his picture was on it, had it not had his picture, she said she wouldn't have been able to accept it.

Archived